Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a beautiful day and went down to Waikiki for a fun run.
Wheel Tire Car Cloud Land vehicle

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
It was a beautiful day and went down to Waikiki for a fun run.
View attachment 304915
Nice pic Russ. Stayed many times with the family at the Rainbow Tower and Royal Hawaiian. Had my honeymoon at the Princess Kaiulani Sheraton. Have also stayed at Trump Waikiki and the Halekulani Hotel during many vacations.

My favorite is the Royal Hawaiian the Pink hotel for those who don't know. Thus my handle Royal Pink.

·
Premium Member
18,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice pic Russ. Stayed many times with the family at the Rainbow Tower and Royal Hawaiian. Had my honeymoon at the Princess Kaiulani Sheraton. Have also stayed at Trump Waikiki and the Halekulani Hotel during many vacations.

My favorite is the Royal Hawaiian the Pink hotel for those who don't know. Thus my handle Royal Pink.
Yeah the Royal Hawaiian is a classic landmark. I came here in 1961 and stayed at the Princess Kaiulani, it changed my life forever!

·
Premium Member
18,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another nice pic from Saturday, wish I didn't have the fence in the back. It really show the glitter in Verde Themis
Tire Wheel Car Cloud Vehicle

·
Registered
2,067 Posts

GTFO I thought you were a Pink Floyd fan.

Royal Hawaiian and Moana Surfrider are 2 of my favs. The Mai Tai Bar at the Royal is a cool place for happy hour.

Kahala Hotel is one of my fav's too. Beautiful ocean view, good restaurants and 1 mile from the crib.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,518 Posts
Looks fantastic! Go bold or go home........

Reactions: Russk

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
I have a rich family history with Hawaii. My pops is amazing. He served in Vietnam (Phu Bai) and was also in Oahu when Pearl Harbor was bombed because my grandfather was in the Navy and stationed there. Navy kids had to take a small ferry right through battleship row to get to Ford Island where the school was. He was standing on the roof of their quarters and saw the planes coming in. Lot more to him and that story but perhaps another time. Here I am with him and my two sisters around 1968. It's a pic of a pic is why the resolution is so low. The dark spot on his arm is something from the pic being old.

I was in the new aircraft hangar display at Pearl Harbor Memorial in 2015 with my kids. Inside was a guy at the table who was there as a guest and watched it as a kid as well. I called my dad and put him on speaker and since he was Hawaiian he was on the other side watching it from where my dad was. They started talking for about ten minutes and a big crowd gathered. It was really special. At the end everyone clapped. I'll never forget it. My pops passed away earlier this year at age 90.

Hairstyle Photograph White Black Food

·
Premium Member
18,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GTFO I thought you were a Pink Floyd fan.

Royal Hawaiian and Moana Surfrider are 2 of my favs. The Mai Tai Bar at the Royal is a cool place for happy hour.

Kahala Hotel is one of my fav's too. Beautiful ocean view, good restaurants and 1 mile from the crib.
I also love the Kahala Hotel not just because it is so close the house, but such a great environment and right on the water. None of the hustle & bustle of Waikiki.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
We need to meet up for pupus and cocktails. It's nice this time of year cool and breezy.

·
Premium Member
18,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a rich family history with Hawaii. My pops is amazing. He served in Vietnam (Phu Bai) and was also in Oahu when Pearl Harbor was bombed because my grandfather was in the Navy and stationed there. Navy kids had to take a small ferry right through battleship row to get to Ford Island where the school was. He was standing on the roof of their quarters and saw the planes coming in. Lot more to him and that story but perhaps another time. Here I am with him and my two sisters around 1968. It's a pic of a pic is why the resolution is so low. The dark spot on his arm is something from the pic being old.

I was in the new aircraft hangar display at Pearl Harbor Memorial in 2015 with my kids. Inside was a guy at the table who was there as a guest and watched it as a kid as well. I called my dad and put him on speaker and since he was Hawaiian he was on the other side watching it from where my dad was. They started talking for about ten minutes and a big crowd gathered. It was really special. At the end everyone clapped. I'll never forget it. My pops passed away earlier this year at age 90.

View attachment 304934
What a fantastic story & great photo! My condolences on your father's passing. It sounds like he had a memorable long life and will never be forgotten. Thanks for sharing that , I just love those kind of stories!

·
Premium Member
18,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We need to meet up for pupus and cocktails. It's nice this time of year cool and breezy.
Will they still allow us to park our cars in from at the Porte Cochere? I used to know the valet caption but he has since retired.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Will they still allow us to park our cars in from at the Porte Cochere? I used to know the valet caption but he has since retired.
Yes I parked in front of the valet stand just tipped in advance. Ate at Arancino's so was able to keep an eye on Haley.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Sorry to hear about your Father’s passing.

Totally in love with the color of your car. I had a krypton green Lotus Exige with a similar base color but always said it needed more pearl effect like you Huracan

·
Premium Member
18,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes I parked in front of the valet stand just tipped in advance. Ate at Arancino's so was able to keep an eye on Haley.
After the first of the year, let's meet there for a drink and take a few pics of the cars!

Reactions: surfah

·
Registered
2022 Huracan Evo, 2017 C7 Z06
17 Posts

View attachment 304934
Amazing story Russk! So jealous of the nice weather....and a fact you can take your car out year round! Here is what I have to deal with...Edmonton, Alberta. Everything in Celsius haha.

Product Azure Font Rectangle Material property

·
Premium Member
18,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Serg!
BTW, that is Royal Pinks story, and yes I know we are blessed to be able to live here, so many benefits.

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
I worked at the Royal Hawaiian in high school. Taking pictures of the tourists going inti the Luau with hula dancers, developed the pictures during the luau, and sold them afterward.

stairway to heaven was such a special place. Went up there at least once a month all through high school.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Never did Haiku Stairs by the time i came home it was too hard to access from the Windward side.

My go to were Manoa Falls by my parents' house, Maunawili Falls, Waialae Iki ridge, Hawaii Loa ridge, Kuliouou ridge and my favorite Makapuu Tidepools.

·
Premium Member
18,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I worked at the Royal Hawaiian in high school. Taking pictures of the tourists going inti the Luau with hula dancers, developed the pictures during the luau, and sold them afterward.

stairway to heaven was such a special place. Went up there at least once a month all through high school.
It's illegal now to go on Haiku Stairs (Stairway to Heaven). I never got the chance to hike them either. There is a back way but that is beyond my capabilities and desire.

·
Registered
SL #7007
438 Posts
Like @RoyalPink and I’ve already told @Russk, I love my Hawaiian history. My dad was a retired fighter pilot from the Marines. After he retired he bounced around from airline to airline. Somehow he ended up with a job flying for Molokai Air and living in Honolulu. He met my mom there and was born in Honolulu. Went to elementary school in Honolulu until my dad created his own airline and moved us to Los Angeles. I still have so many awesome memories from my childhood. Every year my wife and I go back I always visit old spots. Oahu has my heart…
Handwriting Font Rectangle Eyelash Office supplies

1 - 20 of 27 Posts