Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Last week I visited the Lamborghini factory and saw some interesting things.
Amongst others was a new, second, Gallardo for the Italian police.
Furthermore I saw some Gallardo's already equipped with the wheels that will be available on the new Gallardo spyder, And the usual amount of nicely colored cars on the production-line.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Great pictures! Thanks for sharing!

My wife and I are heading over to Italy next year to celebrate our 25th anniversary. I can't wait to see the factory! And maybe see if I can find a real factory workshop manual for our Jalpa!!!

Mike
Jalpa #12071

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should definately NOT forget to visit that other Lamborghini museum in Dosso, quite near Sant'Agata.
Think you'll have to make an appointment though.

They've got the Jalpa spyder prototype - amongst others...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Old wheels look a tad better IMO. But from the profile they also look like the new '05 Murcie coupe and roadster wheels. Maybe that's partly why they have changed them so raddicaly. :confused:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Personally I think the new wheels look awesome. I really like the new wheels Lamborghini is putting out.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Marcel, Is that a new street sign ? (Via F Lamborghini)...and is it in St Agata or Cento?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Via F. Lamborghini is a new street in Sant'Agata.

When you're standing in front of the factory, go to the right, then take the second to the left (heading towards Riolo and Castelfranco - I think) and then it's the first street on the left.
On some new industrial estate.

·
Registered
14 Posts
How come no one asked m1ura how the Gallardo Spider looks like?
m1ura, please tell us more about the Spider. And the new wheels, do you think they're going to be available as an option for model year 2006 Gallardos? And have you heard anything about the new Gallardo SV? Thanks before.. :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
With the Gallardo spyder Lamborghini is playing safe.
Nothing like the Concept S.
It's a proper convertible with a top looking like the ones seen on the F430 spyder and the BMW 645 convertible.
The retractable roof is released in about 18 seconds.
There's only 1 moving body-part to release the hood. This is first raised some cm's and then moves backwards, where it tilts to reveal the hood.
Should engine-access be necessary, then the angle of the engine-cover can be manually adjusted for easier access.
Car also looks great with the top closed.

At present Lamborghini builds a LOT of Murciélago roadsters, compared to the number of coupé's.
I would not be surprised to see this also happening to the Gallardo spyder.

Yes, I did also see 'other' Gallardo's at the factory.
Like the one previously shown on this website with the so-called "scissor-doors".
Minor detail-changes: other door-mirrors, different rear-spoilers, changed venturi's. These changes might indicate engine-changes as well, but nobody would/could confirm this.
The "spyder-wheels" might very well be available for the 2006 model-year, just as the Murciélago roadster wheels came available for the coupé's.

·
Registered
101 Posts
You are sooo lucky that got permission to take pictures inside the factory... When I was there in april, we could`nt take pictures.

Great pics! Thanx

·
Registered
323 Posts
What about the hood on the new Gallardo spyder. Does it look like the concept (which i really liked) or just like the normal Gallardo?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts