Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
San Diego Exotic Car Meet

If you know about the Crystal Cove Saturday morning car meet in Newport Beach, we are trying to create a similar event in San Diego.

Bring your car to the Carlsbad Outlet Mall, south side parking lot
near Starbucks, January 29th starting at 7:00am for an informal and
free car-guy get together. Swing by, bring your car, come see what
beautiful cars show up and meet their owners. We hope to attract
Porsches, Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Hot Rods, Antique Vehicles, but all
cars are welcomed. We hope to make this a recurring monthly event so
please, we have to make sure everyone behaves like a gentleman, no
burnouts, no drag racing or any kind of exhibition of speed.

Directions:
From the Los Angeles Area:
Interstate 5 South, exit Palomar Airport Rd. and turn left to head
East. 1/2 block east of I-5, turn left at the first stop light onto
Paseo del Norte.

From San Diego:
Interstate 5 North, exit Palomar Airport Rd. and turn right to head
East. 1/2 block east of I-5, turn left at the first stop light onto
Paseo del Norte.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Alright!

Sounds like a good time! I have some friends locally that can bring out some fun cars, and I will do my best be in town that weekend. The wife has been trying to get me to the mountains often.

Alex

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's great Alex.

I'm definitely going be there. I'll probably leave my house at 6:40 am. Roy S and his posse will show up, as well as a bunch of F-car and P-car guys.

See you in the morning.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Raymond thanks for putting this meet together !
We had a great turn out considering the questionable weather (40 + Cars). :tup:

Cheers

·
Registered
30 Posts
Everyone had a real good time yesterday Raymond. Thanks for all the hard work you put into putting this event together. We will have more cars on the next event Im sure based on all the positive input I recieved from all. Great wheather, great cars, and alot of nice and fun people.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The roads were dry and the sun was out. What a great turn out we had. I expected no more than 20 cars to show up on our inaugural meet in San Diego. There were about 40-50 cars there. I'm sure we would have had a better showing if it did not rain the night before. Next time, I'm sure there will be more cars in attendance. Thanks to all that made our meet a success.

For our next meet, do you guys want to have our meet on the last Saturday or Sunday of the month? I understand Saturdays conflict with CC, so Sundays seem to be a good day for us. Another thing, someone asked me, what should we name our event? Any Ideas?

Guys, thanks for bring your friend to our meet.

·
Registered
188 Posts
wiz357 said:
The roads were dry and the sun was out. What a great turn out we had. I expected no more than 20 cars to show up on our inaugural meet in San Diego. There were about 40-50 cars there. I'm sure we would have had a better showing if it did not rain the night before. Next time, I'm sure there will be more cars in attendance. Thanks to all that made our meet a success.

For our next meet, do you guys want to have our meet on the last Saturday or Sunday of the month? I understand Saturdays conflict with CC, so Sundays seem to be a good day for us. Another thing, someone asked me, what should we name our event? Any Ideas?

Guys, thanks for bring your friend to our meet.
Sundays only time I can come.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Our San Diego monthly meet will be this coming Saturday. Same time, same place.

Hope to see some of you guys there.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
WIZ I am arriving at the La Jolla Raddison Friday Night.....I will call you when I am driving down from Gilroy in the SE...I would like to meet up with you Saturday AM and follow you to the meet.....YEAH

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If there was an award for the longest distance travelled, Roy sure would get it. He drove his 6.0 SE all the way from Seattle through rain and mud. :)

Last month there were only 2 Lamborghinis in attendance. This time, there were five of us there, Ron's 6.0, Roy's 6.0SE, two yellow Gallardo and my SV. I did not meet the owners of the two Gallardos, if you guys are in here please chime in. Hopefully next time we will attract more Lambos to the meet.

For pics click here. http://furyxx.0catch.com/pages/20050226-Carlsbad_Exotic_Meet/index.html

·
Registered
155 Posts
Great Pics Raymond !
If the attendance keeps growing at this rate we may need a bigger parking lot ;)

Roy it was nice meeting you !

Cheers

·
Registered
31 Posts
Raymond:

I was there with my 328 (the only one there, I think; I parked next to a yello Gallardo in the back). I don't know which car is yours, so I did not introduce myself. Catch you next time.

Alberto

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
OK I am home now, SEATTLE, boy do you all drive fast in SO CAL>........It was great meeting you all.....will see you again real soon......RAYMOND..........GREAT JOB KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
aajr said:
Raymond:

I was there with my 328 (the only one there, I think; I parked next to a yello Gallardo in the back). I don't know which car is yours, so I did not introduce myself. Catch you next time.

Alberto
Hopefully we will finally get to meet next month.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts