Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Looking to purchase a G, probably 06ish or later depending on price and wear. Its been a dream for many years and with the work-from-home situation, it seems like a good time to buy an "occasional use" car.

I have a unique driveway and house built into a hill in San Diego. On top of that my garage is "short" due to appliances. My Model S barely fits (it is a bit on the long side in terms of vehicles), same with my Cayenne. Infact, due to appliances, only one can fit in the garage at once. I'm building a second garage but the G would likely live in the main garage.

I've been trying to find a rental on an older G, just for the day, to take measurements and observe slope etc; but no one rents them anymore. Guess they are a bit "old" for the rental crowd. Does anyone know of any business or person who rents the G in southern california or san diego specifically?

Thanks! Look to report back with pictures sometime this year.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Hi all,

Looking to purchase a G, probably 06ish or later depending on price and wear. Its been a dream for many years and with the work-from-home situation, it seems like a good time to buy an "occasional use" car.

I have a unique driveway and house built into a hill in San Diego. On top of that my garage is "short" due to appliances. My Model S barely fits (it is a bit on the long side in terms of vehicles), same with my Cayenne. Infact, due to appliances, only one can fit in the garage at once. I'm building a second garage but the G would likely live in the main garage.

I've been trying to find a rental on an older G, just for the day, to take measurements and observe slope etc; but no one rents them anymore. Guess they are a bit "old" for the rental crowd. Does anyone know of any business or person who rents the G in southern california or san diego specifically?

Thanks! Look to report back with pictures sometime this year.
I was in a similar dilemma but only with the curvature and elevation of my drive way. I happened to have a vehicle with same ground clearance to ensure my purchased vehicle would make it up my driveway without bottoming out.

in hindsight, if I didn’t have the vehicle, I would have went to Home Depot and purchased lengthy copper pipes and 4 caster rollers.

then tape the 4 pipes such that it forms a hash to mimic the front and rear over hang of the Gallardo. Then tape the casters to the correct wheel base and height locations. Presto! You now have a rollable Gallardo frame. Roll it up and down your drive way to see if it clears it. Roll it into your garage for fitment.

the dimensions of the Gallardo can be googled.

once done, disassemble and return everything to Home Depot and get a refund.

good luck!

ps
If you need measurements off a real Gallardo, simply walk into your local Lamborghini dealership and start measuring.

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,328 Posts
I bought my Diablo from the folks at O’Gara there in La Jolla. They are a friendly bunch and would probably help out. Why don’t you call them and ask if they would do a man a favor on this request?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I'll check out O'gara, forgot about them here locally. I'm sure I could probably find a used dealer who wouldnt mind a few hundred for an couple hours too. My goal was to find a gated G, which means I'll likely not get one locally, but will need to ship one.

·
Registered
163 Posts
See if there is a member to this site in your area with a G car. They would be happy I imagine to run by and help you measure and check things out. We are all here for the sport of Lambo so would not see why someone would refuse to help.

Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
See if there is a member to this site in your area with a G car. They would be happy I imagine to run by and help you measure and check things out. We are all here for the sport of Lambo so would not see why someone would refuse to help.

Mike
I just bought a Gated G today and I am in San Diego. Once I get it would be happy to help. PM me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts