Lamborghini Talk banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts
I've rebuilt my last two cars both aluminum chassis. 1995 Acura nsx that guys said would never be fixed. After 8 months she was running straight, and was a beautiful build.

My next was the current 07 Gallardo spyder that I have now.

She sustained passenger side rear quarter damage, broken axel and upper a arm support. 2 month easy fix 11k miles runs like a champ.

I say go for it have fun. You'll always have nay sayers and that you can't change.

I've always asked why did Audi make all the replacement parts in the first place?? You can buy dang near every part to rebuild all these cars.

Just my 0.02 worth

I commend your desire to rebuild it, don’t let the negative talk sway you, you obviously made the choice to rebuild it and have the skills to do it so make it happen. I’ve sourced the ball joints, send me a message and I‘ll put you in touch with my guy, I can also put you in touch with a couple of dismantlers as well as discounted new parts when needed.

Discussion starter · #43 ·
I don't think anyone here is saying that it can't be done, just a matter of should it be done? And after a lot of thought, I decided that the answer is no. It was not an easy decision, but at the end of the day I couldn't justify the cost. My initial goal was to get a Lambo, and there are definitely cheaper and easier ways to go about that. Obviously it's really disappointing to give up on a project like this (I still think it's about the coolest project that you could do), but despite not wanting to, I needed to make the good financial decision.

I put together a quick video for a longer explanation for anyone interested:

So that's all I've got for now.

A huge thanks to everyone who helped me out on this (short) journey.

~Andrew

I don't think anyone here is saying that it can't be done, just a matter of should it be done? And after a lot of thought, I decided that the answer is no. It was not an easy decision, but at the end of the day I couldn't justify the cost. My initial goal was to get a Lambo, and there are definitely cheaper and easier ways to go about that. Obviously it's really disappointing to give up on a project like this (I still think it's about the coolest project that you could do), but despite not wanting to, I needed to make the good financial decision.

I put together a quick video for a longer explanation for anyone interested:

So that's all I've got for now.

A huge thanks to everyone who helped me out on this (short) journey.

~Andrew
Could probably recoup your initial cost by parting out. Savage Garage is looking for a complete 6.2l engine.

Could probably recoup your initial cost by parting out. Savage Garage is looking for a complete 6.2l engine.
I suggested parting out the car, but if you see how long parts stay for sale on eBay, it would have been a long process. It's moot point because he already sold the car.

Would be interesting to know what he paid for it at auction, and how he sold it, and how much he sold it for?

Discussion starter · #47 ·
I suggested parting out the car, but if you see how long parts stay for sale on eBay, it would have been a long process.
^This. I could have made a bunch of money if I completely parted the car out (I did some basic pricing and was looking at like 170k in parts), but I didn't want to keep the cash (that I had in it) tied up in parts that I could be sitting on for years. Couple that with the fact that I'm just a dude with a 2 car garage in a residential neighborhood made the prospect of shipping the big/heavy stuff (the stuff that I would actually be able to sell in a reasonable amount of time) even less appealing. I took the quick/easy way out and just sold my way out of it.

I'll be as transparent as I can with the numbers - hopefully it helps someone out in the future. I bought the car for $34,200 off of Copart. After fees that ended up at just a hair under 37k. For the sale, I reached out to a handful of the big youtube rebuild channel guys, got a reply, and went from there. That's all I can say for the time being. I can't say when or where, but the car will resurface eventually.

^This. I could have made a bunch of money if I completely parted the car out (I did some basic pricing and was looking at like 170k in parts), but I didn't want to keep the cash (that I had in it) tied up in parts that I could be sitting on for years. Couple that with the fact that I'm just a dude with a 2 car garage in a residential neighborhood made the prospect of shipping the big/heavy stuff (the stuff that I would actually be able to sell in a reasonable amount of time) even less appealing. I took the quick/easy way out and just sold my way out of it.

I'll be as transparent as I can with the numbers - hopefully it helps someone out in the future. I bought the car for $34,200 off of Copart. After fees that ended up at just a hair under 37k. For the sale, I reached out to a handful of the big youtube rebuild channel guys, got a reply, and went from there. That's all I can say for the time being. I can't say when or where, but the car will resurface eventually.
That's good it went to a big YT rebuild channel. It's a not a good car to rebuild without a channel, and it's not a good car to use to start a channel, but it's a great car for a well established channel, that already has a ton of subscribers, to move themselves upmarket. They will be able to use their momentum to get sponsors and make the financials work out.

Hopefully we'll see you in a Lambo soon.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.