Discussion Starter #4
you need to look at the entire picture
  • first time seller on ebay
  • auction is listed in parts category
  • no VIN
  • salvage title
  • owner is not in possession of the car
  • mechanics lean on the car
  • and then there's the condition of the car...
perhaps if you could get the owner, mechanic, car and title all in the room at the same time the deal could be done. But no way I would place a bid on ebay.

·
Registered
330 Posts
$14,500! There’s got to be that much in parts. If you have one, this seems like a real find.

·
Registered
889 Posts
$14,500! There’s got to be that much in parts. If you have one, this seems like a real find.
No, you also have to pay $15k to the shop to get it out of hock....if you believe the story.

·
Registered
Diablo 6.0
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
final bid $49K, so if the deal goes through add $15K to the mechanic and the buyer is in for ~$64K for a 6.0 with salvage title, engine with internal damage, needs paint and who knows what else. Someone will have a tight budget to get this road ready for less than its worth.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Parting that out will yield a much better ROI. I considered it for that reason -and I need a bunch a stuff from it.

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,092 Posts
Wow, I’m with Jerry that this as a parts car, if the story is accurate, is a great return on investment. Heck, body panel and bumpers are worth that much as parts! The buyer’s alternative is to try to return this car to its glory but to be honest it will always have a salvage title and will always have a dubious story that will detract from a premium in value he might ever seek. Very curious to hear from the buyer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts