Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pricing out insurance for my Huracan EVO and so far it's between Safeco vs State farm. Does anyone have experience with either one when it comes to claims experience? I'm guessing customer service to be about the same.

·
Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD on order
2,218 Posts
Well that’s odd. I have Safeco and my agent told me they won’t write me so I have to go to Hagartys or Travelers. I will be checking out SF before mine arrives but last check they were significantly higher than Safeco for our other cars. My wife recently had an incident and we had to deal with Safeco claims and I was thoroughly impressed. I was an agent for SF years ago and like them as well.

·
Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD on order
2,218 Posts
One more note, I didn’t realize Safeco was owned by Liberty Mutual until recently and since I like their commercials I’m even happier with Safeco!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well that’s odd. I have Safeco and my agent told me they won’t write me so I have to go to Hagartys or Travelers. I will be checking out SF before mine arrives but last check they were significantly higher than Safeco for our other cars. My wife recently had an incident and we had to deal with Safeco claims and I was thoroughly impressed. I was an agent for SF years ago and like them as well.
Could be that they insure in certain states and not others. Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I had Safeco for 20 years. They would not insure a Lamborghini. In the 20 years, I had 2 minor fender benders with the dailies. Safeco was pretty rotten to deal with both times.

I have Hagerty for the Lambo. I now have State Farm for the regular cars. Not thrilled, but they seem okay. I was planning to move the Lambo over to State Farm a few years ago, but they wanted me to jump through a bunch of hoops. I needed to get the car valued and they wanted pictures. Not a big deal, but I never got around to it, and their service never impressed me enough to get motivated. Hagerty has been pretty great. Just got a letter that Hagerty is going public and merging with a big company. Might be time to switch.

·
Registered
2020 Huracan EVO RWD
67 Posts
I have State Farm. Haven’t had to use them for anything on the EVO other than a rock chip on the window so far, but I have been pleased with them overall and Insure everything through them

·
Registered
2022 Huracan EVO (Ordered 06/29/2021)
31 Posts
I have State Farm. Haven’t had to use them for anything on the EVO other than a rock chip on the window so far, but I have been pleased with them overall and Insure everything through them
I contacted my SF rep a week ago seeking an approx monthly quote. I was informed SF does not have the Huracan in their computer? What?
I was told they would look into it. Crickets for a week!
I‘ve been a SF customer for 30 yrs… Strange, eh?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I had State Farm on everything and I filed a claim for hail damage on my house and State Farm didn't want to pay to fix it. Most of my neighbors got new roofs. Not me. So State Farm no longer insures my house. They still insure the Huracan and one of the other cars, not sure which one. I just hope I never need to file a claim, something tells me it won't end well. There is a reason SF have the best rates.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,712 Posts
I had State Farm on everything and I filed a claim for hail damage on my house and State Farm didn't want to pay to fix it. Most of my neighbors got new roofs. Not me. So State Farm no longer insures my house. They still insure the Huracan and one of the other cars, not sure which one. I just hope I never need to file a claim, something tells me it won't end well. There is a reason SF have the best rates.
I find it curious in my area all the homes are 4 to 6 years old we got a little hail and quite a few people wound up replacing roofs. I am not affiliated with any insurance company but I have to look at all the new roof jobs ( or insurance jobs) with a jaundiced eye.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,712 Posts
My friend, I thought you would find this article useful or at least edifying...........and that is* why I didn't want those cowboy roofers anywhere near my 6 year old roof especially since there is no demonstrable problem.

*"We never had a problem with our roof until we replaced our shingles"

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I appreciate the information but the roofer I use is an old friend who owns a roofing company, he has done like three or more roofs for me. Plus his mom is also a friend of mine so if he messes up, I will tell his mom.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,712 Posts
the roofer I use is an old friend who owns a roofing company, he has done like three or more roofs for me.
:giggle: How many weeks apart?

• Haha
Reactions: DXM31
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.