Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard throughout the years, that successful dealers in the retail exotic car market, can expect to make between 16% - 22% on a new car sale. (Those numbers may be wrong. It is just what I have heard from more knowledgeable folks who have moved many cars.) Any one have a idea on what the SA's percentage might be?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,868 Posts
A friend of mine is a Lamborghini/Ferrari SA, and he said it varies but he is lucky if he gets 10%.

Reactions: redjim

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
10% is what I was told once by a used Lamborghini dealer as the price they charged over cost. Not sure what the SA gets of that.

In today's market, things might be a little different since the demand for new cars is so high.

Those numbers could be "MSRP".

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks guys!

What little I know, came from McLaren. When I look at what their ask is on some of their vehicles, wonder if their margins might be different. But, heck we know how they come off their asking price quite a bit.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Whatever they make is ok .
They are small dealers compared to large low priced new cars.
So of course they need to make a larger cut to keep there business going.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I think Ed Bolian said he made around 3500 per car. Don't quote me on that though I might be wrong

Reactions: redjim

·
Registered
114 Posts
I worked in the OEM space for a while (including McLaren). The margin between invoice and MSRP is normally somewhere in the 10-20% range all in, but obviously most cars don't sell at list price. Many dealers run near-breakeven, but have offshore profit pools through warranty or other insurance products. The factory also direct-sales some vehicles (e.g. the Enzo, LaFerrari) and the delivery dealer for those vehicles was compensated between 50-100k. It's a cutthroat business, I've sought greener pastures.

·
Registered
574 Posts
It’s funny when you ask for them to cut price they don’t play that game...But lately lambo dealers
will give 1 to 2% off or some more if the car is well optioned .
But some will stick to MSRP

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2006m5, interesting as well. Thanks, makes good sense. I just purchased a new Huracan and got 3 1/2. Guess, I got very lucky.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts