Lamborghini Talk banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Bottom line is rwd is normal on all sports cars....mustang ,corvette ,porsche gt3,ferrari,mclaren....so on and so on.
Awd is good technology ..but for those who want it.

·
Registered
2022 Huracan Evo rwd (ordered)
72 Posts
its fun, plus awd is crazy expensive

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,478 Posts
^^I guess but you learn by driving, at least that worked for me. Just don't push the car until you have enough seat time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
^^I guess but you learn by driving, at least that worked for me. Just don't push the car until you have enough seat time.
True...but if you're someone who has never driven a car like this (i.e. stepping in from say, a relatively mundane BMW or Mercedes) it can be daunting. A few hours of throwing a high performance RWD car around a track can build confidence and expertise exponentially quicker IMO.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Speaking of....can someone confirm this?

I've heard several journalists say that Sport mode is the most "dangerous" mode because it's setup to allow you to kick the rear end out/drift and be a fun mode.

Corsa mode is actually designed for best lap times so the car has the MOST grip in that mode.

On most cars, the most extreme/race mode usually has the least amount of traction aids but from what I'm hearing, on this car, it's sport mode.

·
Premium Member
6,478 Posts

I've heard several journalists say that Sport mode is the most "dangerous" mode because it's setup to allow you to kick the rear end out/drift and be a fun mode.

Corsa mode is actually designed for best lap times so the car has the MOST grip in that mode.

On most cars, the most extreme/race mode usually has the least amount of traction aids but from what I'm hearing, on this car, it's sport mode.
I put 1750 miles on my EVO RWD had it up to speeds a tad over 175mph and I never had an issue in Sport mode and I drove in that mode almost exclusively. I only drove in Corsa on occasion and Strada on rare occasions so I can't speak to the Corsa mode and grip.

Reactions: kumizi

·
Registered
38 Posts

Sport mode activates the Performance Traction Control. In layman's terms "Drift mode." Lamborghini added this feature to make it more fun. The rear end breaking loose unexpectedly does not seem like more fun to me. Once I start driving it, I hope I feel differently about it and have confidence the back end will stay planted. I heard that about Corsa too.

·
Premium Member
6,478 Posts
^^Again, I drove my EVO RWD with the pedal to the metal essentially on every outing and I had zero issues with unanticipated drift.......though if drift is what you want it's not hard to find. :giggle:

·
Registered
136 Posts
I dont think you're going to lose the rear end in any of the 3 modes unless you're driving a little too aggressively for street conditions.

I was just wondering that if you do want to drive aggressively if it's true that Corsa has a higher traction threshold than Sport. I've heard several journos mention Sport is the "drift mode."

As soon as I get my car, I plan to put Cup 2s on it and do a couple of track days.

·
Premium Member
6,478 Posts
Strada.........:sleep:💤

·
Registered
103 Posts
I dont think you're going to lose the rear end in any of the 3 modes unless you're driving a little too aggressively for street conditions.

I was just wondering that if you do want to drive aggressively if it's true that Corsa has a higher traction threshold than Sport. I've heard several journos mention Sport is the "drift mode."

As soon as I get my car, I plan to put Cup 2s on it and do a couple of track days.
I've read and heard the same thing about Sport/Corsa mode. Having never driven one yet my concern is, is it uncontrollable when getting on it? I had the same concern with my GT3 but the more I drove it, the more I felt comfortable with it. Hoping for the same with my EVO when it lands.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've read and heard the same thing about Sport/Corsa mode. Having never driven one yet my concern is, is it uncontrollable when getting on it? I had the same concern with my GT3 but the more I drove it, the more I felt comfortable with it. Hoping for the same with my EVO when it lands.
Should be a non issue if you've owned other RWD sports cars.

With my GT3, it took me until the 3rd or 4th 20 minute session at the track and I was completely comfortable with it and had found the limit.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,839 Posts
Bottom line is rwd is normal on all sports cars....mustang ,corvette ,porsche gt3,ferrari,mclaren....so on and so on.
Awd is good technology ..but for those who want it.
Don’t forget the STO!

·
Registered
2022 Huracan Evo rwd (ordered)
72 Posts

yes, sport has less traction than corsa.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everyone - I'm contemplating an order for a Huracan Evo Spyder. Still not sure about the AWD v. RWD. Most of the common reasons have already been listed above (price difference, excitement, etc.) This would be my first exotic, first sports car, first coupe, and first RWD car (if i were to go RWD). Safety is my primary concern. Have any RWD owners here ever felt unsafe driving their Huracan? Is traction an issue in the RWD or is that taken care of by the traction control? Also, should going Spyder on this affect my drivetrain decision?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,478 Posts
Hi everyone - I'm contemplating an order for a Huracan Evo Spyder. Still not sure about the AWD v. RWD. Most of the common reasons have already been listed above (price difference, excitement, etc.) This would be my first exotic, first sports car, first coupe, and first RWD car (if i were to go RWD). Safety is my primary concern. Have any RWD owners here ever felt unsafe driving their Huracan? Is traction an issue in the RWD or is that taken care of by the traction control? Also, should going Spyder on this affect my drivetrain decision?

Thanks!
I am new to sports cars and have driven and owned all RWD sports cars to include: 2018 718 Cayman S, 2019 GT3-RS, 2018 GT2-RS, Huracan 580-2 (hence the -2) :giggle:, and a 2021 EVO and I have NEVER felt unsafe. One other thing to add.............I did not go gentle into that good night with my sports cars. ;)

Reactions: TheLoLo
21 - 40 of 50 Posts