Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious thoughts on this I want AWD but wondering why so many guy’s want RWD

What about wet roads? Much difference?

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
I like the idea of an AWD but I just can’t justify that monstrous price difference. And, I’ve always been a RWD (Vette, Camaro, Hellcat) guy so works for me.

·
Registered
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Coupe, Bianco Icarus Metallic
13 Posts
Price difference is crazy between RWD and AWD, I can’t justify it. As far as performance, doubtful that you will ever exploit RWD to the point that you’ll need AWD. The car is an animal!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,868 Posts
My RWD was $60k less than the AWD, and far more engaging.

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
I live in the northeast and if there is not snow on the road I drive my car so a lot of my driving is in cool temps and the AWD really helps. Supercharged my LP610 to over 800hp and the AWD allowed me to use more of that power and while I have not supercharged my Evo spyder I will probably do it to my new Evo Coupe. Another thing I really like is the rear wheel steering, never drove a car with that before and it's awesome on the Evo. On looks I much prefer the looks of front end on the AWD but for rear think RWD looks better

Reactions: Vitveet

·
Registered
235 Posts
I like the idea of an AWD but I just can’t justify that monstrous price difference. And, I’ve always been a RWD (Vette, Camaro, Hellcat) guy so works for me.
I want to chime in here that adding a massive wing complex, as in two 1 foot X 6 foot wings stacked like F1 can give you anywhere from 100 to 500 pounds of downforce at 100mph, depending on how much drag you like, between five and twenty pounds, (largely the wing uprights that produce the drag, because usually they are poorly-designed laser-cut 1/4" aluminum with cute little designs in it may have more drag than both wings combined) which changes the character of the car dramatically. 400 pounds of weight with about 45 of mass added. I also advocate stuffing as much tire as you possibly can under the rear end, even adding minor tack-on fender lips (not the 6 inch obscenities favored by 12-year-olds) to get the next size up tire. You may find more actual contact-patch area for the tire by dialing down the diameter a bit, of the wheel, IF they still fit the brakes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Have you ever driven a performance RWD car vs a AWD car? Your question would be answered fairly easily.

RWD more raw, connected, emotional.
AWD more control, yes you can usually eek out slightly more performance at the cost of the above.

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
Lambo/ r8 awd system,basically audis quattro system.
save your money buy rwd.
I have owned a number of Audi's including 2 R8's and my current RS5 and can say the Evo AWD system is nothing like Audi Quattro. Evo is not even like my 2015 Huracan, the LDVI the Evo employs is a game changer when it comes to AWD cars, can even drift car if you chose to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Personally, the front end looks MUCH better on the AWD. My choice solely between the 2. Worth the extra cost of admission IMO. Prefer RWD cars though, but just don't like what they've done with the front end 😌.

V.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,575 Posts
RWD feels a lot more edgy and thrilling but, be aware, if you want to do let's say a VF supercharger then I would look more closely at AWD.

Reactions: fabo

·
Registered
2021 Huracan Evo RWD Spyder (ordered, April 2021 delivery)
352 Posts
RWD probably not safe enough to let a wife drive?
Evo RWD is easy to drive. In STRADA AUTO it behaves like any mid level VAG sedan or coupe. Any responsible person could drive this car.
Defeating ESC and ”stomping on it” will quickly get you in trouble if you aren’t experienced, but that’s true for any sports car.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,575 Posts
My wife and I were out in the EVO and on one rare occasion I put the EVO in Strada to test it out, and her immediate reaction was "that's no fun change it back to Sport". :giggle:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have seat time in both EVO AWD (spyder) and EVO RWD (coupe). RWD wins it hands down for me. Yes the AWD has more power and more traction. But it was sooooo composed, to the point of being boring compared to the RWD. AWD put my mind into cruising mode. The RWD is alive, lets you now you are playing with fire and have to be carefull. It egged me on to go faster. Isn't that what a sportscar is all about ? Feeling alive, being tempted ...
To top it all off, the RWD looks soooooooooooo much better.
YMMV

1 - 20 of 50 Posts