Lamborghini Talk banner
21 - 40 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
How many times the rear end of the RWD C7 went sideways when doing pulls or the ultimate butt clincher factor when accelerating a little too much on a real tight curve getting on the on ramp. Going through the curve was fine but as soon as it got straight touching the gas pedal a little too much I kid you not it felt like it kicked out 1 foot. This happens all the time on this particular tight curve. Thank goodness for traction control or it would end up in a pole 100%. Plus spring and fall forget doing hard pulls because the asphalt is too cold...
I want my my H as an AWD. I'm only get a RWD is there's nothing else on the market or it's orange.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,976 Posts
It is all personal preference. The difference in money was not what motivated me, I had 2 AWD Huracans before and wanted to try something new. The RWD turned out to be more fun and I like the look of the front end better. For the additional HP I simply did a $2700 tune to get back the difference. I would not be surprised if the upcoming iterations aren't all RWD like the STO.

Reactions: DXM31 and Rcasa20

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
11,079 Posts
I’m hoping to finally get my allocation within the next few months and this topic has been on my mind lately. I’ve gone back and forth, but I’m thinking AWD will be the way to go for me. I’ve got a long life ahead of me and the only driving skills I’m willing to test are on my PS5.
How many AWD allocations has your dealership received in total over the past 6 months? The AWD allocations, of late, seem to be severely limited. I suspect with all the last “H” editions that are coming to market, and the replacements on th horizon not to mention they still seem to be managing to squeeze out STOs , it’s going to make all EVO allocations scarce. Hope you get your allocation sooner rather than later. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
11,079 Posts
It is all personal preference. The difference in money was not what motivated me, I had 2 AWD Huracans before and wanted to try something new. The RWD turned out to be more fun and I like the look of the front end better. For the additional HP I simply did a $2700 tune to get back the difference. I would not be surprised if the upcoming iterations aren't all RWD like the STO.
Personal preference is key and we each have differing expectations as to what makes a sports car exciting, and our environment is critical as well i.e., the prevailing weather/climate AKA snow would clearly impact said choice. Mods are critical considerations as well, VF supercharger, turbos, and although, not strictly contraindicated for a RWD a case could be made that it would more gracefully be handled by an AWD.............although, I am not one of them. :giggle:
It is interesting you mentioned the STO, and tangentially, there are enthusiasts that were not willing to buy a Performante but jumped at a chance to buy an STO. Varied preferences are what makes the world go around.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,976 Posts
The bottom line is they both offer a great supercar experience. I have learned how to control my RWD car, but I did enjoy the grip and safety of AWD. I tend to go back & forth on things.

·
Registered
60 Posts
How many AWD allocations has your dealership received in total over the past 6 months? The AWD allocations, of late, seem to be severely limited. I suspect with all the last “H” editions that are coming to market, and the replacements on th horizon not to mention they still seem to be managing to squeeze out STOs , it’s going to make all EVO allocations scarce. Hope you get your allocation sooner rather than later. Good luck!
Deposit was placed in July. For September - December, 4 EVO RWD Spyders were given; one each month. Over 20 Urus allocations. I haven’t kept up with STO, but seems they’re coming in at a rate just more than EVOs at this point. I know 1 was given in October and 2 in December.

I’m hopeful we’ll be able to request for a variant switch once my turn comes. We’ll see.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
11,079 Posts
So, am I understanding correctly that since your deposit in July there have been no AWD allocations for your dealership?

·
Registered
60 Posts
So, am I understanding correctly that since your deposit in July there have been no AWD allocations for your dealership?
4 RWD Spyders
0 RWD Coupes
0 AWD Coupes/Spyders

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
11,079 Posts
4 RWD Spyders
0 RWD Coupes
0 AWD Coupes/Spyders
Like I said you're more likely to have a sighting of the Loch Ness monster than an AWD EVO. I guess we should all get @Blu Bull autograph before he becomes famous given he is one of the very few that managed to snag an AWD.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Like I said you're more likely to have a sighting of the Loch Ness monster than an AWD EVO. I guess we should all get @Blu Bull autograph before he becomes famous given he is one of the very few that managed to snag an AWD.
As I said, I'm hopeful. I'll take whatever I can get at this stage. Not sure if you've been paying attention to the world the last 24 months, but a Loch Ness sighting may not be as surprising as you think.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
11,079 Posts
True, the way the world is today the movie Gremlins seems sedate by comparison. The world is literally upside down and backwards.

·
Registered
23 Posts
This is the "Fun" factor of а friend's car.That's why my choice, no doubt is 640 horse power only in AWD version.Faster,looking better,more confidence.....RWD version with high speed and wet road will kill you,if you don't have some skills.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Was it 'fun factor' that was the problem here or inexperience & bad judgment ?

The RWD is no Carrera GT. Yes you can very easily get the tail out and break traction but it's not trying to kill you - far from it.

Like I always say to the RWD or AWD question...: if you have to ask, the answer is AWD.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
11,079 Posts
Was it 'fun factor' that was the problem here or inexperience & bad judgment ?

The RWD is no Carrera GT. Yes you can very easily get the tail out and break traction but it's not trying to kill you - far from it.

Like I always say to the RWD or AWD question...: if you have to ask, the answer is AWD.
Well, my friend I guess there is little for me left to say given you have expressed it so well. Though, as I have stated repeatedly choose what makes you happy, and also choose what you feel is safest for you and your driving skill level.
I had a 2018 Porsche 2RS that was 700hp, and unlike most people that had this car and drove it around the block or didn’t drive it much at all, I racked the miles up and drove hard and fast without a problem. Heck, I did the 2000 mile recommended break-in in 6 weeks......I drove it fair amount and never felt it was beyond my driving capabilities. By the same token, would I drive aggressively on wet roads?........No way but, all in all, I had fun with it but, alas, not as much fun as I have with Lamborghinis’ I have owned. :giggle:

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
AWD wouldn't have helped this guy. I had a green AMG GTR and my buddy who is the shop foreman at MB St. George sent me this pic asking if this was me. A friend of his took this at a Vegas golf course. So Nick thought it might be me because there weren't that many green hell magno cars around at that time and Vegas is a little over an hour away from me.
Water Water resources Boat Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
71 Posts
I enjoy my RWD 580-2. I've never felt unsafe in the car and although I don't push the car very often, in the spirited drives that I have, I have not lost control of the rear end or anything. I think the "fear" of RWD is more so than the reality of it actually happening, barring you trying to ridiculously take the car to its limit.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts

Gonna remember this.
None of my racecars were AWD, most of them even had live rear axles.
No ABS, no traction control, no power steering. It was just you and the machine and it was amazing. To control the uncontrollable.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I don't take my car out when it's raining but if I must drive it in the rain, I drive slower on the highway than the speed limit. Doesn't take much with those slick tires to crash. Anytime I drive in the rain I drive it like a regular car and sometimes I put it in "weather mode" this prevents from accidental full foot throttle.

I live to drive another day in a car that's not destroyed.

·
Registered
346 Posts
This is the "Fun" factor of а friend's car.That's why my choice, no doubt is 640 horse power only in AWD version.Faster,looking better,more confidence.....RWD version with high speed and wet road will kill you,if you don't have some skills.
The car it totalled right?

21 - 40 of 111 Posts