Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,666 Posts
I have had both twice, AWD & RWD and I will take RWD without hesitation.

Reactions: jdkevo

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,568 Posts
I have only had RWDs for all Sports Cars so can't help with the comparison. I find RWD Sports Car is very engaging.

Reactions: DXM31 and Gated666

·
Registered
299 Posts
Im on my second 610 personally. I would consider a 580 if it had carbon ceramic brakes but i think they are standard on 610s. you can convert a 610 to 2wd inexpensively whereas you cannot convert a 580 to awd without a lot of cost. Bonus with the 610 is obviously the more powerful tune but also the awd seems like a must if you go TT later. I see value in both offerings but the resale is always higher on AWD apples to apples

·
Registered
97 Posts
Im on my second 610 personally. I would consider a 580 if it had carbon ceramic brakes but i think they are standard on 610s. you can convert a 610 to 2wd inexpensively whereas you cannot convert a 580 to awd without a lot of cost. Bonus with the 610 is obviously the more powerful tune but also the awd seems like a must if you go TT later. I see value in both offerings but the resale is always higher on AWD apples to apples
I believe in the current market the RWD holds better resale value. At least in SoCal

·
Registered
299 Posts
Odd, Manheim and personal observation shows awd selling for more. Rwd percentage wise from new holds better but they dont sell for more, apples to apples

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,568 Posts
OP, I don't regret my choice of RWD and I suspect most RWD owners don't but have you had an opportunity to test drive both? If not, do that and see which feels better to you right out of the gate.

Reactions: goldlifter

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,666 Posts
Maybe that's because the AWD costs a helluva lot more to begin with...
You nailed it. I could not see paying extra $60K to have less fun IMO. I just didn't have any need for AWD in the first place.

Reactions: DXM31

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
After all my cars over the years being RWD I decided to try AWD and am glad I did. The exact difference base price between the two is $52,703 - I compiled a list of what I could find that you get for that extra money.

all wheel drive
all wheel steering
(ldvi) torque vectoring system
magneto-rheological suspension
lamborghini dynamic steering
30 more HP
carbon ceramic brakes
cruise control
20" rims standard
anti-theft alarm
3 years free maintenance

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
After all my cars over the years being RWD I decided to try AWD and am glad I did. The exact difference base price between the two is $52,703 - I compiled a list of what I could find that you get for that extra money.

all wheel drive
all wheel steering
30 more HP
carbon ceramic brakes
cruise control
20" rims standard
anti-theft alarm
3 years free maintenance
You had me sold at cruise control!!

·
Registered
28 Posts

all wheel drive
all wheel steering
30 more HP
carbon ceramic brakes
cruise control
20" rims standard
anti-theft alarm
3 years free maintenance

Along with all the above, call me crazy, but the front end/bumper, to me, looks alot better and more aggressive than the rwd EVOs. That was a BIG deciding factor for me to put down the extra coin. I did ask if, from the factory, they could put the awd's front end on the rwd. SA said no can do....so AWD it is:sneaky:! But from the looks of it, I may be forced into a Technica (if there's such a thing) if AWD allocations are dried up.... And if so, I'm praying the "Technica" has the AWD bumper, or atleast something more aggressive than the rwd front bumper.

V.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,568 Posts
I want a RWD and gravitated to it ands its ilk because of the wild nature of two verses four wheel drive. I didn't want a sedate ride or a family sports car but one that engages and challenges your skills.

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
I want a RWD and gravitated to it ands ilk because of the wild nature of two verses four wheel drive. I didn't want a sedate ride or a family sports car but one that engages and challenges your skills.
I like the fact that I can go fast through twisties when I want because the car is so planted and confidence inspiring. It works for me because I'm not a skilled driver and don't feel comfortable kicking the back end out.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I’m hoping to finally get my allocation within the next few months and this topic has been on my mind lately. I’ve gone back and forth, but I’m thinking AWD will be the way to go for me. I’ve got a long life ahead of me and the only driving skills I’m willing to test are on my PS5.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts