Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! First time buyer here! Looking to get a RWD or AWD Huracan EVO. Leaning more towards RWD though as majority have been saying it’s more of a driver’s car.

I’ve got a few questions but before that, a bit about me for context:

A few things about me for context:
1) I live in Ontario Canada, weather is somewhat meh. There’s rain on and off, with snow for 2nd half of year
2) I’m looking to daily drive the car
3) The roads here aren’t too exciting... mainly city/suburbs driving, though there’s the occasional country road with minimal twists in them (so no fun canyon riding, aka maybe awd better?)
4) I’m buying to keep
5) I’m 5’8” and 160lbs (for seats)

I’m leaning towards RWD. That said, (please no hate here) I’d be looking to put a Liberty Walk kit on the car over the winter for next summer. To my knowledge the kit will ruin the aerodynamics and is only for visuals. With that said, if I went RWD do you guys think I’d find myself having issues with driving the car? Surely the kit can’t affect driving too much. I guess I’ve just seen so many videos of people sliding around with the RWD car that I’d be worried about it being hard to handle without the factory downforce.

I guess that question should be phrased as: should I get AWD if I plan to liberty walk & daily drive the car or will RWD be fine?

Next question I have is about the interior: If i buy used can I still visit a dealership and buy brand new seats from the factory and get the dealer to replace the seats in the car? Like if I wanted to get the sport seats to replace the comfort seats.

(Asking hypothetically in case I don’t find a used car with the seats specced the way I want them)

For my size & to daily drive (1ish hr a day, 1-3 hrs on weekends) think sport seats would be good? I’ll have to see if a dealer will let me try out the comfort & sport seats in person, but with COVID here in Canada who knows... lol

Lastly: I feel silly asking this last question but in regards to performance mods, turbo & twin turbos, will they still be okay on RWD, or should I go AWD if I plan to do that?

My long-term goal is for this car to be my fun car I’ll take to the track and enjoy. (Hence the kit & turbo questions). Plus, RWD could be more fun to slip & slide around the track. Eventually I’ll be looking to get an aventador s roadster that I’ll take good care of as a weekend car 😌. A few years from now.

Anyway, thanks hopefully I can get some answers to these questions. Cheers guys!

·
Registered
Huracan Performante Twin Turbo
1,245 Posts
100% go with AWD if you plan to TT it !!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,576 Posts
Hello my Northern Neighbor and Congratulations on your EVO quest it will not disappoint!

1. I have the RWD and prefer that but then again I live in Texas and I do not have to contend with much snow. If your area has a lot of "weather" AWD maybe prudent.
2. If you're inclined to do a Liberty Kit that is your choice but for me the lines on the EVO are so esthetic I would hate to compromise that natural beauty. Yes, the performance of the car, that is, the aerodynamics would be compromised and for that reason alone it would be a hard sell for me. I even prefer not even to put a wing on the car because it will slow it down and affect the aero.
3. I have had both comfort seats in my 2019 580-2 and now I have the Sports Seats in my EVO and hands down I would recommend the Sport seats. Disclaimer the wife and I have no back problems and are pretty athletic so factor your needs, if any, into the equation. We have taken 2 and 3 hour trips in the EVO and we were fine with Sports Seats........and they look amazing!
4. Regarding the addition of Turbos I would rely on @fabo's advice because he has a twin turbo monster with 1000hp so he would know from whence he speaks.
5. As to RWD being more fun with the slipping and sliding I have two words, Hell Yeh! 🤣

Best of luck and let us know what you decide!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,871 Posts
Hello my Northern Neighbor and Congratulations on your EVO quest it will not disappoint!

1. I have the RWD and prefer that but then again I live in Texas and I do not have to contend with much snow. If your area has a lot of "weather" AWD maybe prudent.
2. If your inclined to do a Liberty Kit that is your choice but for me the lines on the EVO are so esthetic I would hate to compromise that natural beauty. Yes, the performance of the car, that is, the aerodynamics would be compromised and for that reason alone it would be a hard sell for me. I even prefer not even to put a wing on the car because it will slow it down and affect the aero.
3. I have had both comfort seats in my 2019 580-2 and now I have the Sports Seats in my EVO and hands down I would recommend the Sport seats. Disclaimer the wife and I have no back problems and are pretty athletic so factor your needs, if any, into the equation. We have taken 2 and 3 hour trips in the EVO and we were fine with Sports Seats........and they look amazing!
4. Regarding the addition of Turbos I would rely on @fabo's advice because he has a twin turbo monster with 1000hp so he would knows from whence he speaks.
5. As to RWD being more fun with the slipping and sliding I have two words, Hell Yeh! 🤣

Best of luck and let us know what you decide!
Exactly what he said! Thanks Albert I’m a poor typist.

·
Registered
46 Posts
From Toronto - Ill take the other side of the coin - Comfort seats ( I find sport seats a little better then concrete ) and I swear by all wheel drive for faster launches and strait and true handling for me at least - Comes down to preference , great choice .

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
Since even your Spring and Fall will see cool driving days I would only get AWD. I live in the northeast and it's like that for me, my AWD R8's and AWD LP610 were great on cold days, even put snows on my R8 and drove through winter. Then last year got a 488, was horrible once temps went below 45. Got rid of that car after a year and back in a huracan and what a huge difference

Reactions: Dee Zed

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First of all, thank you all for the help!

Seems like AWD might be the way to go then. RIP RWD Dreams. I’m hating this weather more and more, but I guess that means I can drive it in winter lol... hope the salt doesn’t bite too hard. I’ll just have to get an STO in the future to have that slidy summer fun lol.

I just saw favo’s performante in another post. That beast sounds amazing. I wonder how that’d be in the snow? 🤣

I guess if I get AWD I won’t feel as bad putting the kit on to get rid of that horrible front end lol. Plus the rws should help some with the lost aero I was worried about.

Good to see a fellow torontonian lol

I’ll have to try out the seats to know what works best for me then. Either way, I’ll want them to correct spec so I’ll have to contact some dealers and ask them about buying replacement seats if I can’t find the spec I want. Hope that’s not too difficult.

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
Another benefit of AWD is the rear wheel steering, I did a ride last weekend that included a bunch of backwoods twisty roads and could really feel the difference and was such a blast. Can't wait to take this car to do the Tail of the Dragon or Cabot Trail both roads I have done in past. About seats, I have an Evo spyder and wish car had come with sports seats for more room and did a little looking into changing and probably looking at $20k or so. So instead of that I'm just ordering a brand new Evo, want what I feel maybe the last V10. If I go spyder will definitely go with sport and if I decide coupe will have to think about it as I really the seats in my spyder other than the room issue

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Another benefit of AWD is the rear wheel steering, I did a ride last weekend that included a bunch of backwoods twisty roads and could really feel the difference and was such a blast. Can't wait to take this car to do the Tail of the Dragon or Cabot Trail both roads I have done in past. About seats, I have an Evo spyder and wish car had come with sports seats for more room and did a little looking into changing and probably looking at $20k or so. So instead of that I'm just ordering a brand new Evo, want what I feel maybe the last V10. If I go spyder will definitely go with sport and if I decide coupe will have to think about it as I really the seats in my spyder other than the room issue
Aren’t the seats a $15k option? And ok... maybe I’ll just go for the comfort seats. I’m only 5’8” so I won’t really have issues with room.

Man that evo spyder in the winter looks fun! Doesn’t it get cold? I couldn’t do the soft top. If they made a roadster version i’d buy it in a heartbeat! I actually contacted a company to see how much it’d cost to convert it. They told me around $250k USD and 6 - 12 months of production... maybe one day... lol

·
Premium Member
16,871 Posts
Aren’t the seats a $15k option? And ok... maybe I’ll just go for the comfort seats. I’m only 5’8” so I won’t really have issues with room.

Man that evo spyder in the winter looks fun! Doesn’t it get cold? I couldn’t do the soft top. If they made a roadster version i’d buy it in a heartbeat! I actually contacted a company to see how much it’d cost to convert it. They told me around $250k USD and 6 - 12 months of production... maybe one day... lol
No the sports seats once you subtract out the cost of the comfort seats is only around $4000.

·
Premium Member
6,576 Posts
Russ is the man when it comes to pricing! The Sport Seats based upon 2021 pricing are $7500 and the comfort seats are $3200 so the exact difference is $4,300. I attached PDFs with the Sport Seat options and the option pricing list that Russ was kind enough to share with the forum. Happy hunting or should I say Happy snow-planing! :giggle:

Attachments

Reactions: Dee Zed

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Amazing! Thank you both. Lots to think about!! Hey have you guys ever heard of anyone putting on blind spot sensors on their lambos before? With all the blindspots it’s crazy they don’t come as an option... but cruise control does? Lol

·
Premium Member
6,576 Posts
Amazing! Thank you both. Lots to think about!! Hey have you guys ever heard of anyone putting on blind spot sensors on their lambos before? With all the blindspots it’s crazy they don’t come as an option... but cruise control does? Lol
Yes, cruise control but no blind spot monitoring monitoring or steering wheel infotainment system controls. I guess Lamborghini thinks real men don't need blind spot monitoring. I haven't heard anyone retrofitting any blind spot monitoring system. Maybe we should retrofit a periscope. :giggle:

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
Russ is the man when it comes to pricing! The Sport Seats based upon 2021 pricing are $7500 and the comfort seats are $3200 so the exact difference is $4,300. I attached PDFs with the Sport Seat options and the option pricing list that Russ was kind enough to share with the forum. Happy hunting or should I say Happy snow-planing! :giggle:
Yes but OP is talking about changing on a car that already has comfort seats to sports so you are paying for both. And seat rails are different so those need to be changed also along with some electrical work so you are looking at nice chunk of money for labor. And price to order the sports seats may be a $7,500 option but to order them as a separate Item was told around $7,500 each

·
Premium Member
16,871 Posts
Yes but OP is talking about changing on a car that already has comfort seats to sports so you are paying for both. And seat rails are different so those need to be changed also along with some electrical work so you are looking at nice chunk of money for labor. And price to order the sports seats may be a $7,500 option but to order them as a separate Item was told around $7,500 each
In that case in my opinion it is not practical.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, definitely not the most practical thing but it’s good to know that it’s at least possible if I were to buy a used car that’s not the right spec that i’ll be able to change it later on. But... unlikely. I’ll definitely keep you guys updated with what happens!

Sounds like I need AWD in Toronto. And the first mod: periscope lmao... I’ll let you guys know how that goes 🤣

·
Registered
977 Posts
I live in Maple ( Toronto suburb). I owned the 580 and 2 Performantes. I do not drive these cars in winter, restricting my driving to 8 months of the year. I have extensive experience driving the EVO AWD and RWD courtesy of weekend loans by Grand Touring, amongst the finest dealerships in the world. If you are planning to use the car similarly, my unequivocal choice is the Performante, since it still remains amongst the pantheon of super cars. Unfortunately, they are no longer readily available and prices have significantly elevated. Best value is undoubtedly the EVO RWD. I have written a rather lengthy review of it in this forum in August /20). The RWD EVO is a consummate thrill machine. It is excitingly engaging and immersive. The AWD EVO is more capable objectively, faster and confidence inspiring since its grip and composure is tenacious. At launch, unlike the RWD where the rear wheels will spin and traction is less grippy leading to a modicum of squirminess, the takeoff is instantaneous and completely sure footed. EVO AWD track times will be noticeably quicker due to its superior speed and glue like grip during hard cornering. However, the sense of unbridled fun and entertainment driving the RWD is intoxicating. It is highly recommended that you experience both if possible, since the driving dynamics of the two cars are highy divergent and one's preferences and priorities will determine your ultimate choice.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts