Lamborghini Talk banner

RWD LP640 Owners

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Chris640 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone -

I wanted to put a post out to all of you that have done the RWD conversion to your LP640's... I am currently on the fence of having it done while the car is in for its annual service and just curious what your thoughts were on the before & after characteristics of the car.

I read many positive reviews from this mod but have heard the car can become a bit scary as well while (Cornering, driving aggressively..etc) I am familiar with driving wild RWD drive cars, I also have a 911 GT2.. But as the Murci was not really intended to be 2wd and the driving systems were not necessarily designed for that setup I guess I am slightly hesitant.

I appreciate any thoughts you can share on the subject, thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Perks: Lighter clutch feel, quicker from a roll, can launch without fear of killing the clutch, longer clutch life, less understeer in the turns, better mpg, quicker throttle response, run any tire you want and drop 150lbs off the car.

Downside: 2WD is useless in snow with summer tires where AWD gets by.

The Murci is basically a modified Diablo chassis, so it was originally designed to be 2WD. The characteristics in 2WD would not let you think it was originally AWD. Tracks straight when launching, no unstable tendencies, etc.

I'm running 2WD with 255 width R888R front tires and the front end grip is fantastic. The car actually wants to go around turns now.

#4 ·
Thank you for the response! I like the sound of all of the above and the car is in FL so snow isn't a prob... Are you running that tire on the stock wheels?

#3 ·
I have it (whiteout's full 2wd kit) on my 640 roadster, love it. Everything he says above is true. I'd imagine you could kick the back end out if you wanted to with the RWD but I don't drive mine aggressively - the car is more of a peacock than a canyon carver given the width. If you are in LA I'd be happy to give you a ride sometime so you can feel it for yourself before taking the plunge.

Great spec btw, I would have been on the hunt for that exact color combo if I didn't have monterey blue.

#5 ·
Thank you, I am absolutely obsessed with this spec. Sounds great! I appreciate the offer... Im mostly on the east coast, but planning to head out west in Feb so perhaps ill take you up on that! :cool:

#13 ·
Hey everyone -

I wanted to put a post out to all of you that have done the RWD conversion to your LP640's... I am currently on the fence of having it done while the car is in for its annual service and just curious what your thoughts were on the before & after characteristics of the car.

I read many positive reviews from this mod but have heard the car can become a bit scary as well while (Cornering, driving aggressively..etc) I am familiar with driving wild RWD drive cars, I also have a 911 GT2.. But as the Murci was not really intended to be 2wd and the driving systems were not necessarily designed for that setup I guess I am slightly hesitant.

I appreciate any thoughts you can share on the subject, thanks!
Hi, bro Where can i find those side markers?, looks amazing Clear!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.