Lamborghini Talk banner
121 - 140 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
They are the same for all years.
You are absolutely right!

By the way I can’t believe that in 2006 Lamborghini changed the style that the rear axles attach to the hub (instead of using a bolt to secure they started using a nut) and the hub style with different number of splines but they kept the old system at the front!

I was thinking that for better reliability but also for consistency they updated the front axles/hubs too!

Purely educational post, but so that you know what I mean below you can see the front that is getting secured in the hub by a bolt that screws inside the axle. 04-05 gallardos has the same type at the rear too:

...and in the schematic below you can see the updated version of the rear hubs and axles in 06 Gallardos. You see that the axle is longer and it has a threaded portion, then there is a nut that screws on that threaded part. The splines are also different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
$55 isn't a bad deal but the $95 for shipping seems crazy!

I agree with you that it wouldn’t be a bad idea to keep it in there.

Regarding the ride height, it normally changes but it’s a tiny change that most people aren’t able to observe.
Just to put things into prospective we carry gas that is about 160 lbs - so in a simplified way you should ask if you see a difference in ride height when you fill up the car!

The part number for the hubs for 2004-05 gallardos is
FEBEST 1710-A4B6A45 Outer CV Joint
I got mine from amazon for $32 but it seems that the seller doesn’t have any in stock (I guess everyone rushed to convert their Lambos to RWD)

In any case ebay has the same part number for $55 so I assume it should work fine!

https://www.ebay.com/i/162868153900...3D711-117182-37290-0%26rvr_id%3D1427330832977

·
Registered
521 Posts
$55 isn't a bad deal but the $95 for shipping seems crazy!

That’s crazy, I have no affiliation with the seller, you guys should do your research in the big online stores like rock auto etc.
The part number that you need is the one below:
FEBEST 1710-A4B6A45 Outer CV Joint

·
Registered
615 Posts
very interesting!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Shardul do you have the basic non machined ones? I don’t really need the machines style I don’t think. I am saving my extra cash to do my tcu upgrade

·
Vendor
2,119 Posts
Shardul do you have the basic non machined ones? I don’t really need the machines style I don’t think. I am saving my extra cash to do my tcu upgrade
Yes I can provide you with a set of non machines one. I am not going to remove the bearing etc etc you can do that.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Does anyone know if this will fit too:

https://febestparts.com/OUTER_CV_JOINT_33X595X38/1710-A4A45
Code: 1710-A4A45 Size: 33X59.5X38

The original part Code: 1710-A4B6A45 Size: 27X59.5X38 is sold out everywhere. The difference measurement is "Teeth A" 27 vs 33. Does anyone know what "Teeth A" means? Is this the size of the bolt head?

If the number of teeth on the outside (the ones I have highlighted in green) are the same as the ones in the other part number that I provided, you should be okay.

Based on the diagram the “33 teeth” that you mentioned, refers to the internal teeth (red) for the axle (halfshaft) - but in our case it doesn’t matter since we are not attaching a halfshaft there.

·
Registered
900 Posts
If the number of teeth on the outside (the ones I have highlighted in green) are the same as the ones in the other part number that I provided, you should be okay.

Based on the diagram the “33 teeth” that you mentioned, refers to the internal teeth (red) for the axle (halfshaft) - but in our case it doesn’t matter since we are not attaching a halfshaft there.

Thanks Max_Power. That makes sense.

·
Registered
900 Posts
FYI for those that bought Febest axle stub. To remove the ball bearings, you don't need to add any oil. Here is the procedure:

1. Secure the cv joint to a vise.
2. Use a metal bar and insert into the hole of the cv joint then turn rotate to expose the ball bearings
3. Use a screw driver and hammer to tap the assembly in order to expose the bearings more
4. Use screw driver to pop out the bearings
5. Rotate to another side and repeat the procedures until all the ball bearings are out
6. To remove the inner assembly, you need to align the notch. It will slide out smoothly

I filmed a short video on how to do this and might post it in the future. Each side takes about few minutes. I was able to do it one handed while holding a camera with one hand.

121 - 140 of 170 Posts