Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
LP 550-2 Spyder
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see some forum members and individuals on YouTube convert their Murcielagos to RWD.

Any mechanical reasons for why this can’t be done on an Aventador? What are your thoughts? Would you do it?

·
Registered
2017 Aventador S
126 Posts
Lamborghini doesn't think it's a good idea:

Speaking to Australian publication Drive, Lamborghini’s chief engineer Maurizio Reggiani said that a rear-wheel drive Aventador would simply be too “difficult to manage” when driven hard.

“The four-wheel-drive system is the most safe and performance [focused] system we can have in their car,” he added, concluding that dropping the front driven wheels would mean: “the traction control would be so invasive.”

But: Oakley Design RWD Lamborghini Aventador: LP 760-2

Looks like it reduces the weight by nearly 300 lbs.

Not a conversion I would consider, but I'm interested to hear of others' experiences.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I've yet to see that the conversion has been attempted anywhere. I'm not too surprised with Murciélago because it's been done often by now and even Lamborghini dealers will advertise the car, converted or stock, as a much more dangerous option than current offerings.

That said, I'm sure it's possible if someone is willing to try, but I also wonder if it's like the stick-shift vs paddle-shift argument where even enthusiasts agree that after a certain horsepower threshold, they much prefer the car to be automated in shifting. Perhaps most agree that 700hp baseline is too much in most cases for RWD and the rest will just go for a Shelby.

·
Registered
2017 Aventador S
126 Posts
It seems like McLaren and Ferrari are okay with 700+ to the rear wheels, part of the reason the Aventador is such a pig. I love her, though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts