Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
JRV said:
chrome costs 10 time what paint does.

Looks beautiful to me...the glass lid is fantastic!!

Nice,.. really nice!
I didnt say it IS cheap, I said it LOOKS cheap. Seems like every mofo with their souped up Hondas has chrome, and you want to stand out with your lambo dont you ;). Chrome just doesnt tickle my fancy thats all. I prefer the rim-style of the R-GT.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm not a big fan of chrome wheels either. However, on certain colors, chrome looks good. This color, I believe the name for it is "Azzurro Aquarius Metallic," and black work well. This color is one of those that must be seen in person.

·
Registered
323 Posts
i agree with lamboman. i dont like the chrome wheels (cheap), except of the sv monterey editions ones. that murci has a great color, i love it. and the clear engine cover looks also awsome :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
SPHFerrari said:
the roadster has the best rims i think. saw one in person recently and theyre stunning. pics in the link in my sig.
I like the Diablo 6.0's Back rims :eek:

·
Registered
42 Posts
SPHFerrari said:
the roadster has the best rims i think. saw one in person recently and theyre stunning. pics in the link in my sig.

I agree! IMO the best rims I have ever seen on a car... period. Gallardo 2nd, Brabus 3rd.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Chrome does cheapen a Lambo's look, after seeing chrome in every rap video by people living like ghetto supastars the look is really played out....Kinda like putting chrome spinner hubcaps on a Hyundai-it just doesnt work!

But the color is beautiful and the car looks great! :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm not usually a fan of any 'after-market' wheels. When the designer is penning the car, and they design the wheels in line with the overall 'look', it's usually as good as it gets. Of course, there are exceptions. But chrome, spinners etc. can be so vulgar. I noticed David Beckham has chromes on his new Gallardo... But then he's also been known to step out in a skirt. No offence intended to the original poster, it's a matter of taste and your Merci is stunning in every other respect.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
the engine lid is fantastic!

I don't like chromed wheels too, IME looks like a diecast toy for kids, perhaps that's the reason why we feel them as being cheap.

·
Registered
959 Posts
raymond said:
I don't like chromed wheels too, IME looks like a diecast toy for kids, perhaps that's the reason why we feel them as being cheap.
When I think about it, that is exactly why. The rims look like plastic. With the original rims you get that solid metal look, which i prefer.

·
Registered
464 Posts
You have to see it person!
Im not a fan of the Murci but that one is the best ive seen and the chrome rims go with the color.
Great are for a great guy!

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
I to did not care for chrome wheels, BUT on this color combo it is AWSOME!!!

Everyone is right the pictures do not do it justice, this is a one of a kind car with a one of a kind color.

Has tubi exhaust also!!!, ran strong in the high 180's !-5 to 33 in So Cal.

Now its at Al and Steves in Gilroy for some tweaking, to hopefully get 600hp out of it?

Thanks for all the nice comments, it was great in SD see you all soon! :wave:

·
Registered
124 Posts
It is a very beautiful color, it looks like a bluish-silverish tone maybe??? What is the actual name of the color?

Still a very beautiful and unique Murcie that I would be proud to own :D :wave:

·
Registered
1 Posts
How you going to get 600hp out of it? Turbo kit? What about the clutch/engine management/etc.?

roytoy2003 said:
I to did not care for chrome wheels, BUT on this color combo it is AWSOME!!!

Everyone is right the pictures do not do it justice, this is a one of a kind car with a one of a kind color.

Has tubi exhaust also!!!, ran strong in the high 180's !-5 to 33 in So Cal.

Now its at Al and Steves in Gilroy for some tweaking, to hopefully get 600hp out of it?

Thanks for all the nice comments, it was great in SD see you all soon! :wave:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts