Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Roy, I understand you bought one of the two blue Diablos yesterday. Which of the two blue 97 Diablos yesterday at Barrett Jackson Scottsdale did you buy, the first lot or the second one?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Would love to know myself. My money is on the Blu Scuro that was televised. I believe I recognize the car as either originally Canadian or at least in Ontario some years back.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I'm sure he will chime in soon but he bought the Blu Chiaro DR

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There was approximately a $60,000 delta between the two which is a large change. Curious which specimen Roy purchased and why?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I purchased the FIRST lot one...I know the car and its history as well as its one off features.

The second lot car (came from Canada) was very rough and had no good records..it was also know to have a NON-Reported accident, that via the grape vine, was told had frame damage.

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Roy, that is good intel and makes me rest much more comfortable. I watched both of those auctions on TV and my heart sank when I saw the second one disappear at 172k! Unreported accident with frame damage would certainly make sense why that car sold for such a discount.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Roy, that is good intel and makes me rest much more comfortable. I watched both of those auctions on TV and my heart sank when I saw the second one disappear at 172k! Unreported accident with frame damage would certainly make sense why that car sold for such a discount.
Keep in mind, with fees, it still hit $189,200 so still holds respectable for the R and ALL Diablo markets

·
Registered
143 Posts
I purchased the FIRST lot one...I know the car and its history as well as its one off features.

The second lot car (came from Canada) was very rough and had no good records..it was also know to have a NON-Reported accident, that via the grape vine, was told had frame damage.
Wow, I’m shocked at the magnitude of this info about the second car. The fact it’s coming from the undisputed authority on everything Diablo makes it so much more credible.

I wonder if the end buyer knows about the damage or if it’ll come as a nasty surprise. Hell, now this info is public knowledge, don’t know how it’ll affect value of the car.

·
Registered
789 Posts

Roy,
This is a glorious pic of the Roadster you bought! I took it when I was in the staging lane. Stunning pic!
I have lots of pics of other vehicles that I’ll post on another new thread . Congrats!!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Roy,
This is a glorious pic of the Roadster you bought! I took it when I was as in the staging lane. Stunning pic!
I have lots of pics of other vehicles that I’ll post on another new thread . Congrats!!!!
View attachment 294270
It arrives tomorrow. Such a stunning color for the Diablo. Excited to add it to our inventory

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Roy, I’ll drive up with my identical twin car later this week and check it out!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,872 Posts
What a beautiful gem!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts