Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A few pictures today from the car show not a great weather day but, all is well, that ends well. Now the rest of the story.........we were headed back home after the car show and we are traveling along the main road that leads to our home and to my right I see a woman in an SUV at a stop sign at the intersection, and I thought she saw me but apparently, she was too deeply and irrevocably engaged in conversation on her phone so when I am less that 15 feet from the intersection she decides to go????? I hit those CCBs and they mercifully stopped me within a feet of the driver side of her SUV. No, that's not the best part of the story, it gets better, she sees me and instead of proceeding through the intersection she stops right in front of me blocking both the left and right lane. It was a typical case of Dear* :giggle: Deer 馃 in the Headlights. She throws are arms up in the air off the wheel as though that's going to help and looks like she saw the ghost of Christmas future. :eek: The morale of the Story is, CCBs..................don't leave home without them!

*Pun intended.

Attachments

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I met a fellow enthusiast at several car shows in the recent past, and he is a Porsche fan, and he kindly bought me a matchbox Lamborghini and thought it was my model. It was a Lamborghini Sesto Elemento. I told him you're absolutely right! :giggle:

Attachments

Reactions: DXM31

Registered
I met a fellow enthusiast at several car shows in the recent past, and he is a Porsche fan, and he kindly bought me a matchbox Lamborghini and thought it was my model. It was a Lamborghini Sesto Elemento. I told him you're absolutely right! :giggle:
Like my wife, its all about the color.
I would say to her that a certain car was nice and she would comment on the color to base her decision on if she liked it or not.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^Agree it鈥檚 all about color.

Registered
lol just got some C7 ZR1 CCB's for my 70 Chevelle - fully plan on taking it to the round rock show soon. Coming from Malibu, it makes me sad how few car shows and events there are out here.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol just got some C7 ZR1 CCB's for my 70 Chevelle - fully plan on taking it to the round rock show soon. Coming from Malibu, it makes me sad how few car shows and events there are out here.
Yes, I just had that discussion with another car show attendee this past Sunday. They used to have a Supercar Sunday once a month here in Round Rock but that fizzled out. The other decent and consistent car show was at the Circuit of the Americas (COTA) but that went south with the emergence of COVID back in March/April of 2020. So, as it stands now the car shows are mediocre with the best one being the one in Flugerville Texas right outside of Round Rock. If there were enough Supercar owners we could network with we probably could put our own car show on but that is easier said then done. I even tried to explore the Lamborghini club in the greater Austin area but the active clubs are up in Dallas and Houston so we are in kind of a Supercar dead zone.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
@luxeous, here is the link to the Austin Car shows for future reference.

Registered
@luxeous, here is the link to the Austin Car shows for future reference.

Thank you! And I agree, need to get something good put together. I know there鈥檚 a lot of car guys out here!

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you! And I agree, need to get something good put together. I know there鈥檚 a lot of car guys out here!
Welcome. Texas is deficient in the car show area but it's a great place to live. The wife and I lived in SF in the early eighties and loved it but there is no way I would go back to California, ever. In fact, we used to visit SF a couple of times a year but it seems to have become unsafe and a free-for-all with the criminal element..........too bad it was a beautiful place.

Registered
Welcome. Texas is deficient in the car show area but it's a great place to live. The wife and I lived in SF in the early eighties and loved it but there is no way I would go back to California, ever. In fact, we used to visit SF a couple of times a year but it seems to have become unsafe and a free-for-all with the criminal element..........too bad it was a beautiful place.
I wouldn't say Texas is deficient in car shows because Houston is in Texas and it's a pretty smoking hot car show scene. Definitely one of the best cities in the country for car shows.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I should have been more precise. The car shows in the greater Austin area are somewhat lackluster. The only decent car show in our area was the COTA Cars & Coffee but they have been closed for the past two years al la COVID.

Reactions: Stimpy

Registered
Looks like all the car shows in our greater Austin area are early in the mornings (8am-11am). Too bad there's not something that starts in the afternoon or evening.

If I'm back in town and weather is decent, I'll try and make the Pflugerville event on Feb 6th.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Looks like all the car shows in our greater Austin area are early in the mornings (8am-11am). Too bad there's not something that starts in the afternoon or evening.

If I'm back in town and weather is decent, I'll try and make the Pflugerville event on Feb 6th.
Great. Unfortunately, none of the car shows are in the afternoon.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BTW, there is one car show in Round Rock that starts at 10am but that is the latest start that I am aware of.

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
I envy you guys, we have maybe two car shows a year and they typically do not include exotic supercars.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I envy you guys, we have maybe two car shows a year and they typically do not include exotic supercars.
Russ, our shows in the greater Austin area are not all that exotic though, Houston and Dallas have higher quality car shows. We used to have one car show called COTA (Circuit of The Americas) that did have quite a turn out with some impressive high end marque brands but that disappeared with the advent of the scourge, AKA, COVID.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts