Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I have a bit of a problem on cold starts. It never cold start properly , RPM below 1k rpm and rough for a minute then it calms down. exhaust smells like it's rich in fuel. Spark plugs were changed a year ago , injectors are clean no CEL. My dealer says it might be from the carbon canister. Has anyone came across this issue before or changed the carbon canister?
It's DME tuned but I reversed it to stock to check if it was from the tune and it had the same problem.

cheers

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
I think it's a storage for carbon buildup. Sort of like a filter. Just search the diagram at scuderiaparts. I don't own a G so can't give you much advise...but that culprit is responsible for most rough start in G.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I recently changed my carbon canister. Mine smelled of fuel too, and stalled shortly after starting. Any questions, just ask, if you have an 09 or newer. Mine is a 2009 so the canister is on passenger side. I believe earlier cars, it's on the driver side. Not super easy to get to, but is do-it-yourself with some patience.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I recently changed my carbon canister. Mine smelled of fuel too, and stalled shortly after starting. Any questions, just ask, if you have an 09 or newer. Mine is a 2009 so the canister is on passenger side. I believe earlier cars, it's on the driver side. Not super easy to get to, but is do-it-yourself with some patience.
I have LP550-2. Did that solve your rough cold start?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I have a bit of a problem on cold starts. It never cold start properly , RPM below 1k rpm and rough for a minute then it calms down. exhaust smells like it's rich in fuel. Spark plugs were changed a year ago , injectors are clean no CEL. My dealer says it might be from the carbon canister. Has anyone came across this issue before or changed the carbon canister?
It's DME tuned but I reversed it to stock to check if it was from the tune and it had the same problem.

cheers
Sounds like the throttle bodies are dirty as well. Easy enough to clean, remove air box and hose to the body and using a very clean cotton towel with a bit of rubbing alcohol , open the butterfly and wipe it all down you will be surprised how dirty it is, even the smallest bit of dirt will hold them open at the start causing all sorts of rpm issues

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds like the throttle bodies are dirty as well. Easy enough to clean, remove air box and hose to the body and using a very clean cotton towel with a bit of rubbing alcohol , open the butterfly and wipe it all down you will be surprised how dirty it is, even the smallest bit of dirt will hold them open at the start causing all sorts of rpm issues
Actually throttle bodies were cleaned recently

·
Registered
509 Posts
Actually throttle bodies were cleaned recently
Good move -I have not heard of the filters causing this issue, only throttle bodies and the 02 sensor failure which causes the ECU to freak out a bit however you would get CEL for that. Does your car for sit for extended periods? Gs will do all sorts of weird stuff when left sitting and its usually the battery ground cable that is a poor connection. Simple enough to check voltage at start up should immediately jump over 12 if not check the ground cable-silly stuff but causes all sorts of electrical gremlins

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good move -I have not heard of the filters causing this issue, only throttle bodies and the 02 sensor failure which causes the ECU to freak out a bit however you would get CEL for that. Does your car for sit for extended periods? Gs will do all sorts of weird stuff when left sitting and its usually the battery ground cable that is a poor connection. Simple enough to check voltage at start up should immediately jump over 12 if not check the ground cable-silly stuff but causes all sorts of electrical gremlins
The voltage immediately jumps over 12v when starting the car. I only have the rough idle in cold start for a couple of seconds. I will check the ground no CEL btw. I don’t let it sit for long periods. When cold and sometime worm exhaust fumes smell rich. It wasn’t that like 2 months ago. No codes no CEL so my dealer said it might be the carbon canister.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.