Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, In my 2004 Gallardo I always take the car out of gear (E GEAR) and roll to a stop i.e. when approaching a red light to slow down clutch wear.

Is it advisable to do the same when in automatic in my 2016 LP 700-4?

Thanks!! Ed Burton (Australia)

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Yes this would be easier to do rather than have to have a rough shift down to first gear. I believe it could save some premature clutch wear as well. I could be wrong. I generally do this with my Aventador.

In terms of general driving safety it should not be done as if brake failure occurs for the car behind you, you are not in gear, and you and the car are at risk for being rear ended.

However I would still suggest that you go to neutral and as soon as you come to a complete stop, engage first gear for a few seconds until the car behind you pulls up.

·
Registered
SL #7007
135 Posts
I hope it’s not a bad thing because I do this all the time in my SL....

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm currently putting it to N when it goes to 2nd and slows to about 1000rpm when coming to a stop.

For some reason the Aventador stays in 2nd even though the current speed is more suitable for 1st.

Because the gear stays in 2nd, whenever I release the brakes I can feel it is "half clutching" to keep the revs above 900rpm. Since I am coming to a full stop, I didn't feel the need to go into 1st so going to N makes more sense.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts