Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
It should be written in at least 2 places as per Federal Law!!!

The Owners Hand Book & a Sticker, the sticker, either on the passenger door jam , the glove box lid (if so eguipped) or the gas filler lid.

Or 39 Front & 42 Rear...:)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I went to put air in the tire and the guy at the gas station told me that 45.5 psi sounded too high becasue 51 psi showed to be the max on the tire. He said once it heats up it might go higher than the 51 psi and it could blow the tire. Now what?

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
I can tell you that I have run the high recommended limits on ALL my cars.

You have driven my SE!!!

I have had it over 180MPH MANY times on 395 the high desert out of Nevada to Oregon....I KNOW that they have heated up, I have never had a tire failure.....and these speeds are sustained......for well over 10 miles plus!!!

Do what the manufacture says. :wave:

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
sk90077 said:
I went to put air in the tire and the guy at the gas station told me that 45.5 psi sounded too high becasue 51 psi showed to be the max on the tire. He said once it heats up it might go higher than the 51 psi and it could blow the tire. Now what?
a) All tire pressure measurements are to be done cold. The max on the sidewall is also the cold max. I doubt if your "gas station guru" has worked on too many 200+ mph cars and their tires.
b) 45.5 is not using the standard conversion.
c) A lower inflation will typically result in higher heat build up so using what the manufacturer states (although appearing to be high) is logically correct.

-mick

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Shah,

guess I should appologize for getting into the "horseing around" match over a few psi that might have caused you confusion!!!

Under normal circumstances, the normal driver, on the street, will not be able to tell the difference between 40 & 45psi or 3.1 or 3.5 Bar, niether will the car. From the conversation, I gathered we all had own tire gauges with an accuracy of between 1 & 2 psi and that we closely watch our own tires and we were simply splitting hairs with one another because it was Friday and we could.

Had no idea this would cause confusion!

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
sk90077 said:
Tire blowouts are normally caused by underinflated tires not over-inflated.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts