Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share my experience. I have a manual 2008 Superleggera. I opted for the RMR Stage 1 Kevlar clutch and lightweight flywheel.

At the time of the install I also put in a new TOB and master cylinder. The mechanic did not have any issues with the install, just as easy as OEM.

I have since put on about 400 miles so still in the break in period. So I have not been able to hammer it yet. However, I am very impressed with the clutch so far. Engagement is perfect, just as good as OEM. Even though the flywheel is lightweight, it is very quiet and not chattery at all. Very smooth and no weird vibrations so it must be well balanced. The pedal feel is about the same as OEM, maybe a little stiffer, but I like it. I am very happy I tried it out and would not be afraid to recommend to friends. The RMR owner was very helpful and responsive.

I will report back after the break in period. So far so good 馃憤馃徑

Vendor
Glad to hear everything went well and thank you very much for your review and feedback. It's a big job so it's comforting to know the parts being installed are of the best quality available.

Honestly if it weren't for you volunteering your flywheel, we wouldn't have a lightweight flywheel option for the pre-LP cars at all. So the community and myself owes you a big thanks.

This is the only lightweight flywheel option available for the pre-LP cars (we have them for LP cars as well) and the clutch is no compromise, best on market, priced reasonably and transparently. Contact me directly for orders or more information on the various stages which are all priced the same.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update. I put probably 2k miles on the clutch so far. No issues. I gave it a good test during Corsa Toro. High speed runs, traffic, hard pulls. Never slipped. Very happy with it. Great value for the money. Would recommend for sure.

Reactions: RMR

Registered
Gated Giallo Midas
Update. I put probably 2k miles on the clutch so far. No issues. I gave it a good test during Corsa Toro. High speed runs, traffic, hard pulls. Never slipped. Very happy with it. Great value for the money. Would recommend for sure.
Do you notice any difference with the lighter flywheel installed?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd like to say I could detect that, but I can't remember exactly how the old one felt. I will say it does Rev up pretty fast now and Rev matching the shifts are pretty easy.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
But it is definitely not chattery like some other lightflywheels I have heard.
It is as quiet as OEM.

Registered
2013 LP560 TT
I have the RMR stage 2 ceramic on a turbo Gallardo and so far it鈥檚 been flawless. No weird noises. 2lbs less weight on the flywheel probably helps spool up but after a long winter hibernation getting in the G again always feels like it鈥檚 trying to rip my face off so鈥ard to tell. The design and manufacturing of the clutch and flywheel is superior to oem for sure.
Once I have more miles accrued I鈥檒l post a longer review of the clutch and process.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts