Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or have people lost their minds?? There's an SVJ roadster listed for $1.2M and an SV listed for $965k you can't make this up. Are there are actually people out here willing to pay these out of world premiums or are these people delusional

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,499 Posts
That is taking it to a whole new level. Yes, I do believe someone will come to to paying those prices.

Reactions: itsAD

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I know the new owner of the matte white SVJ roadster with AdP interior which was listed for $1.2m sold for $1.1m pre tax. It's insanity.

LP700 roadsters, high mileage and sketchy services records are getting list for $450k+. Few months ago you could get a low mileage LP700 from a Lambo dealer for under well $400k.

Everything is in a massive COVID bubble right now but the party will end and a lot of people are going to be hurting. This goes for not just cars but stocks, RE and crypto.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I am just watching all my Lambo investments go up in value. Might have to buy number 4 if I find the right car. My wife now believes me that these were all investments. They have outperformed any of my stocks.

Reactions: itsAD

·
Premium Member
17,499 Posts
I am just watching all my Lambo investments go up in value. Might have to buy number 4 if I find the right car. My wife now believes me that these were all investments. They have outperformed any of my stocks.
That’s funny because in the past I always used to tell people these cars are not investments and now I am eating my words. Never would have thought this was possible.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry in advance if I offend anyone, but the only reason these dealers and private sellers are able to charge these insane prices are because there's people dumb enough to pay for it. If buyers were strict on paying msrp or below on these cars like from pre-COVID, considering aventadors are not super limited edition cars for the most part, these prices would not have gotten this bad. No matter how much money you have I don't see how why there is a need to pay $200-300k over sticker price on a used car. Now for other investments, I understand that people have FOMO and will buy in as prices are appreciating since there is a chance it will keep appreciating, but on a car it makes absolutely no sense as when the hype on the car dies down you will lose a ton of money.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I agree.

SVJ prices baffle me the most. When the SVJ launched a lot of people passed on it because they were building too many. I purcahsed my SVJ last year $30k below list, it had less than 500 km's. Earlier in the year (Canadian) dealers were giving discounts on brand new SVJ roadsters. Since Jan nothing really happen in the Aventador market for prices to go nuts, sure the NA V12 won't be in the replacement but the replacement is getting a brand new V12 which is a huge deal. And if we care about the NA V12 than rarer models should be hitting a million dollars like the SV and the anniversario.

Who knows how long this bull market will last buying a SVJ for over a million dollars is ridiculous. You're asking to be a bag holder.

·
Premium Member
17,499 Posts
Personally I’m more interested in seeing how high the prices will really go than just having everything return to normal
Nothing can go up forever, but I am also curious to see how far it can go before it pops.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Is it only Lambo CARS that are going up so much? I mean, could the popularity of the the Gallardo (lesser extent), and the Huracan/AV be going up so much because they are really great cars? How much have the same age Ferraris or Porches gone up (% wise)?.

Really, for the money, is there ANY brand other car ( AV particularly) that carries so much "WOW" for the price?

So, maybe, it's just a Lambo thing with other brands going up but not so extreme?

Maybe you guys can help me out with this?

As a Doctor of economics (aged 70). I have NEVER seen (or studied) a boom market (in any "hard asset") like the present one - when it will end is anyone's guess (look at all the guys who have been "blown up" shorting Tesla), and anyone who says they know is lieing.

All I know is it's been a GREAT ride, but, yes, it WILL end, but the question is when? And, please don't speculate on "when", it only wastes time from concentrating on what YOU DO (and you put your money up to support this view).

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
@itsAD You do realize the people who are “dumb enough” must be pretty smart to be in a position to pay whatever they’d like and I don’t get why people get so stuck on MSRP. You do know what the S stands for right??

1 - 20 of 34 Posts