Lamborghini Talk banner

Revuelto Depreciation Thread

5K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  Bull777 
#1 ·
Would like to hear your thoughts on this topic? A buddy and I were both having this discussion tonight. Where do you think the depreciation curve on this will be? Even with the ROFR, the appetite for a 670k+ car has to be tight? Will it come down?

for reference, the aventador traditionally was almost as bad on depreciation as a turbo s.

#3 ·
I disagree. It's a hybrid and a mass produced car (16.000 cars after 10 years according to lambo) at a very high price. It will depreciate.

The general extended warranty is gone after 5 years and the battery warranty is gone after 8 years (unless you can extend it, which we don't know yet), so after 4-5 years prices will drop sigificantly is my guess.

It might not be SF90 bad, but it will happen to the (coupe) Revueltos aswell.

#7 ·
We've definitely been spoiled over the last few years dude, that's for sure. I think it'll remain strong for the first few years minimum, depending on how many are made. Remember, even the Aventador traded over MSRP when it launched, way before this was the norm lol

#8 ·
I think these few years we've seen the flippers in the market pretty much changing the norm for true enthusiasts.... from an acceptance that depreciation in a used car is a sure thing to the anticipation of value appreciation on a car you will be driving... blame it on the low interest cheap money to create speculation on a wide spectrum of luxury goods. If you accept you will take a hit buying a car and realize it appreciated, you're good. If you view it as an investment only to see reality come into the market, good luck. Its really all about how you approach purchasing a car.

#15 ·
Well, there were already some 2024 Revueltos listed on the secondary market in europe and prices are lower than i expected .. 'only' around 200k on top of the listprice. So not as much as some people expected. Seems the SVJ is still doing better 😅

Also seems like the ROFR contracts didn't prevent this ..

#16 ·
Well, there were already some 2024 Revueltos listed on the secondary market in europe and prices are lower than i expected .. 'only' around 200k on top of the listprice. So not as much as some people expected. Seems the SVJ is still doing better 😅

Also seems like the ROFR contracts didn't prevent this ..
They're probably "ghost" listings and who knows when you'll actually receive the car and LOL @ only $200k. Ok.

#21 ·
None of them look legit to me.
you base that statement on what exactly? your personal experience in buying cars in europe? :rolleyes:

I haven't seen any cars listed in US yet, have you?
you even quoted me saying i only looked in europe, so you ask just to make a point? and what point is that?

And the R in Canada will be close or over a million dollars with options so I'm sure the early cars could be flipped for over a million assuming someone has the balls to break the ROFR.
well, canadian prices are not that relevant in a broad view, it's a small marked compared to europe and the US .. also you stated it would be over a million USD, now you are talking about CAD all of a sudden ...

What i am trying to say here and why i bring it up:

Based on the early european listings i also think the majority of US listings won't be THAT high (keep in mind you could import those revueltos without european VAT, making them priced around 700k USD excluding US taxes).
So if we talk about depreciation (and that is what the topic is called), the average secondary market price is an important starting point for those discussions and evaluations.

#26 ·
The main issue is the battery. They don't last forever. You can make an ICE last forever.
True but by then battery tech would have advanced with more juice less weight which means future battery packs replacements can be even better and the electric motor is less maintenance than ice... And by then, replace the electric motor on the R with more powerful one bolt-on and add a few hundred more hp... AND you still get the last V12 from Lamborghini... best of both worlds...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.