Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
One more on Alexa, you can have Sam L. Jackson's voice(at least the home version), now your car is gonna be saying "turn left MFr". OK, now I kinda want Alexa.

·
Registered
624 Posts
One more on Alexa, you can have Sam L. Jackson's voice(at least the home version), now your car is gonna be saying "turn left MFr". OK, now I kinda want Alexa.
Yeah that would be terrifying.

ME: "Alexa, what's the surf report for today?"

ALEXA: "Say ‘What’ Again! I Dare You! I Double-Dare You, Motherf****R, Say ‘What’ One More G*****N Time!"

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have to say I was torn between getting the RWD version vs the AWD. I really love the front end of the AWD and may have to defer to this as the winner. This is the exact opposite of the previous AWD huracan. I preferred the 580-2 front end .

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Interesting that you can have a car that is $70K less expensive and is more thrilling and exciting to drive, but you are choosing to purchase the more expensive car due to your preference of the aesthetics of its front end.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
13,512 Posts
I would have got the AWD version in spite of the savings, but I absolutely love the new front & rear Of the RWD EVO.

Reactions: DXM31

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
1,139 Posts
Interesting that you can have a car that is $70K less expensive and is more thrilling and exciting to drive, but you are choosing to purchase the more expensive car due to your preference of the aesthetics of its front end.
I guess esthetics trumps road pleasure.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I never liked the 580 front and rear at all. Now things have changed back to good (rear) and the front is cleaner than the AWD EVO ... I like ! Just the little duck wing does not warm my heart.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I enjoyed reading the write up but wonder why 610 and 580 owners should run to the Evo RWD? I know some people traded in their 610s when the 580 debuted and cite improved driver engagement as the primary motivator in doing so while noting the decreased hp wasn't really noticeable. I can't help but think this is the same concept with the Evo to Evo RWD. The marketing is focusing on the same weight savings, improved steering engagement and drift factor which is more marketing than reality imo.

Maybe it is because of driving vipers for so long but the 580 feels like an AWD car to me; even on the crappy Pirelli P Zero tires. No one realistically is entering any "drift mode" on the street in sport mode either! Corsa is where it's at and the car is planted with great traction in RWD. I can see where people wanted the sportier "feel" of the 580 but also easily see where 610 owners prefer having very fast AWD performance off the line too. To me, those are the main differences that count with all the models outside of the Performante.

The Evo RWD is the car to get IMO if someone is in the market. I'd argue it may be the best overall super car to get for the money when factoring in overall looks, reliability, performance and price. I think the back end is a great update and for me the only reason I would upgrade if I were going to do so. I actually don't like the front end because while it is more aggressive, it just looks cheaper to me. I don't like the lack of forged carbon in the engine bay and strongly prefer the older center stack of physical buttons to the new screen. If I was in the market for a new car I would easily choose the RWD if I couldn't find a good spec performante but it's too close to the 580 for me. My local dealer has some and maybe I can get behind the wheel of one while my car is in for the second year service.

·
Premium Member
13,512 Posts
For me it was simply something new & improved, in both performance and technology. The new look was just an added bonus. I will probably do it again when the Huracan replacement comes out.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
1,139 Posts
For me it was simply something new & improved, in both performance and technology. The new look was just an added bonus. I will probably do it again when the Huracan replacement comes out.
Don't think I will play that game anymore especially with all the hype these car manufactures inundate us with......I am happy with the base Huracan.......to keep chasing the latest and greatest reminds me of the greyhound dog races were the dogs endlessly chases the mechanical rabbit. 😂

·
Registered
370 Posts
I Havn't had the chance to drive the RWD spider yet but I did drive the AWD Evo and really thought it was great. Since you tell me the RWD is more exciting and thrilling to drive I may have to try it out. I will most likely still not buy it since I can't warm up to the front end of the AWD but I guess I am in the minority here as to front ends go.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have a feeling you may also do it again BEFORE the Huracan successor comes out:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: DXM31

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Theoretical discussions about the virtues and foibles of individual models means little since what makes the EVO RWD so special is its heightened driver engagement that must be experienced to be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
13,512 Posts
I have a feeling you may also do it again BEFORE the Huracan successor comes out:ROFLMAO:
Lol, well you know what they say, “you can’t take it with you”, so why not!

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
1,139 Posts
Lol, well you know what they say, “you can’t take it with you”, so why not!
Really???? So direct deposit into my heavenly account is out of the question? 💰

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Sarcasm in print is often dificult to discern. The top speed of EVO AWD is 202 MPH while the RWD is 201. Am I to assume your comment was meant to be sarcastic?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sarcasm in print is often dificult to discern. The top speed of EVO AWD is 202 MPH while the RWD is 201. Am I to assume your comment was meant to be sarcastic?
AWD is already struggling when I'm over 280kmh (170mph). I think the announced speeds do not take into account how much time is needed to get there.

For me that and the the slower acceleration is the turnoff.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts