Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to research fires in various makes of vehicles. If you have experienced such an event in your Lamborghini, would you please provide me with the details of where and how this happened. i.e. accident, electrical, mechanical, arson, and which year and model of Lamborghini. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
852 Posts
might be worthwhile for you to introduce yourself to the community and give a bit of context about why you need these answers ... i would think this can help you get more responses.

remember, lambos are high valued items .... considered as significant assets to many folks.

you are not too far off from asking about someone's home, if its been in a fire, who did it .... what caused it .... and basically giving a full fire report of someone's home.

all .... when you meet someone for the first time, without saying hello :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello :)

My apologies! This is the first time I'm posting to a forum of any sort, not my strong suit.

We are looking into a case that occurred in South Africa and are interested in seeing if other people have experienced the same thing. We do not wish to step on any toes, we are just interested in your stories as we have heard of other recent occurrences of Lamborghini fires. We would like to know more about the circumstances.

Thanks for the recommendations!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Lawyer speak. You still have not stated your full intentions. Who is "we"? What do u plan to use the info for?

Why not try you tube, and numerous news stories on the net...U can obtain some generic fire info. I doubt many here will want to give you insurance details. Yes, many Lambos and Ferrari burn. It is the Italian way....

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Nice find Lautlos. So he likely works for the insurance company or police?

And if so, they surely have access to Lambo fire statistics around the world from the insurance databases. With all the details presented.

The bottom line is David, I strongly suspect Lambo and Ferrari much more commonly burn to the ground than say other non exotic brands, taken as a percentage of that make on the road. Most fires are caused by bursting gas or oil lines, few others are electrical fires.

Of course they get more publicity than a burning Honda, so that can skew perception. That is where the insurance/police records will give u the confirmation.

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
I'd start with poor servicing/repairs of the vehicle and/or the driver ignoring warning signs. Certainly been my experience in regards to L cars.

-mick

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice find Lautlos. So he likely works for the insurance company or police?

And if so, they surely have access to Lambo fire statistics around the world from the insurance databases. With all the details presented.

The bottom line is David, I strongly suspect Lambo and Ferrari much more commonly burn to the ground than say other non exotic brands, taken as a percentage of that make on the road. Most fires are caused by bursting gas or oil lines, few others are electrical fires.

Of course they get more publicity than a burning Honda, so that can skew perception. That is where the insurance/police records will give u the confirmation.
Hi Carbuff,

We are an independent forensic practice and in this case yes, we are investigating the cause of the Lamborghini fire in Cape Town, South Africa.

Due to us not being associated with any one insurance company we do not have access to such statistics, hence our query.

We have dealt with a number of car brands catching fire but the publicity surrounding this fire has caused us to investigate other potential exotic car fires which are not caused by driver error.

We have seen that many vehicle fires start either with an electrical fault or oil/gas lines and have seen the YouTube videos from around the world but unfortunately don't have the details of what caused the fire hence our plea on this forum.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Hi Carbuff,

We are an independent forensic practice and in this case yes, we are investigating the cause of the Lamborghini fire in Cape Town, South Africa.

Due to us not being associated with any one insurance company we do not have access to such statistics, hence our query.

We have dealt with a number of car brands catching fire but the publicity surrounding this fire has caused us to investigate other potential exotic car fires which are not caused by driver error.

We have seen that many vehicle fires start either with an electrical fault or oil/gas lines and have seen the YouTube videos from around the world but unfortunately don't have the details of what caused the fire hence our plea on this forum.
You should probably narrow your query to a model, production period, or combination of these. There is a huge difference in Lamborghini cars over their 50 year history. Older cars had more fire potential, and the sources varied even between models.

I addressed several potential sources for fire on my car and carry 2 fire extinguishers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts