Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #21
The wobble is caused by manufacturing defects. The plastics are pulled out too quickly from the moldings. I wouldn't be surprised if it is made in China. Temperature can also cause the bottle to deform if the material is stored improperly or made with wrong composition.

That wine bottle caps is a good idea. I've never known they have the same size! I usually just use my hand to seal it temporarily before shaking it.
I am working with the supplier who is communicating with the manufacturer to see if we they will replace it. The supplier needed a picture but I sent a very short video instead. We shall see....

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #22
FYI, if people are considering the MTM PF 22.2 they said the wobble of the bottle is within manufacturing tolerances and the supplier stated all their bottles show the same wobble/variance.

Premium Member
FYI, if people are considering the MTM PF 22.2 they said the wobble of the bottle is within manufacturing tolerances and the supplier stated all their bottles show the same wobble/variance.
All I can say is...yikes. They should change the product's title from:
"MTM HYDRO PF22 FOAM CANNON W/ STANDING BOTTLE"
"MTM HYDRO PF22 FOAM CANNON W/ WOBBLING BOTTLE"

:D :D

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #24
All I can say is...yikes. They should change the product's title from:
"MTM HYDRO PF22 FOAM CANNON W/ STANDING BOTTLE"
"MTM HYDRO PF22 FOAM CANNON W/ WOBBLING BOTTLE"

:D :D
I know, that's why I am curious if the manufacturer said that or it's just the supplier blowing me off. Clearly, the upgrade to the .2 leaves something to be desired. I still like the MTM foam canon but this is not, if accurate, an example of manufacturing excellence.

Premium Member
I know, that's why I am curious if the manufacturer said that or it's just the supplier blowing me off. Clearly, the upgrade to the .2 leaves something to be desired. I still like the MTM foam canon but this is not, if accurate, an example of manufacturing excellence.
For comparison, check out the photos of this bottle (Karcher) for foam cannon. This is the real standing bottle that is made straight from their factory in German. It is very sturdy and well balanced. It's been sitting collecting dust in my storage for ages and I just took it out for quick photos. The bottle is still looking like new despite that I didn't bother to clean the leftover soap.

In plastic making, there are mainly composition (ingredients), temperature, and moldings. The composition has been reduced (contribute to deformation), wrong temperature (also contribute to deformation), and cheap injection moldings (moldings used beyond their capacity also contribute to deformation). It is a manufacturing defect (or a defect purposely done to maximize profit). I don't mind if they advertise it as wobbling or "self-shaker" or "self-jacker" instead of standing because standing is just misleading. You get to self-shake the content simply by just touching it :D :D

Attachments

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #26
As usual excellent analysis but I have two options I can return it or live with it. I am hoping there will be some redemption when the bottle is filled with soap and water since that may help improve the stability. A weak effort on the part of the manufacturers.

Premium Member
As usual excellent analysis but I have two options I can return it or live with it. I am hoping there will be some redemption when the bottle is filled with soap and water since that may help improve the stability. A weak effort on the part of the manufacturers.
The funny thing is their youtube video shows the bottle with flat surface (no wobble).

I think that bottle has universal cap size which means that you can fit other type of bottles to it.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #28
The funny thing is their youtube video shows the bottle with flat surface (no wobble).

I think that bottle has universal cap size which means that you can fit other type of bottles to it.
I also communicated with Matt from obsessed garage and he also stated there is no wobble. I will give it a whirl if it's a problem I will return it.....though, thanks for the insight.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Here is an update on the MTM PF 22.2; there was a rock when the bottle was empty but when filled with soap/water it was very stable. Highly recommend over the MTM PF 22.........

Registered
Thank you. I like watching his videos, in fact, I bought my Kranzle K-1122 TST and several quick attachments, wand, sprayer, and foam cannon MTM Hydro PF22 from him.
Looking to get this K-1122 product as well. Time to get serious with the detailing job. I'll just finish installing the remaining parts from the 4Wheelonline onto the truck and I'll take my wife for a good ride before showing her the list from that video.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #32
Looking to get this K-1122 product as well. Time to get serious with the detailing job. I'll just finish installing the remaining parts from the 4Wheelonline onto the truck and I'll take my wife for a good ride before showing her the list from that video.
Sounds like a solid plan!

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #33
@dJerry25, one other thing the K1122 is a high quality electric power washer that is well built but I am not convinced that it is worth the extra expense. I had been using a Sun Joe SPX3001 and it was great and at the time I purchased it new for $80. One other thing to be aware of the K1122 weighs 80lbs and although your not going to sling it on your back it is something to consider. I did love the attachments Matt sold and in fact I had purchased them for the Sun Joe but I guess I think the K1122 it a bit overhyped. YMMV; good luck with your decision!

Registered
@dJerry25, one other thing the K1122 is a high quality electric power washer that is well built but I am not convinced that it is worth the extra expense. I had been using a Sun Joe SPX3001 and it was great and at the time I purchased it new for $80. One other thing to be aware of the K1122 weighs 80lbs and although your not going to sling it on your back it is something to consider. I did love the attachments Matt sold and in fact I had purchased them for the Sun Joe but I guess I think the K1122 it a bit overhyped. YMMV; good luck with your decision!
Yeah, I just realized K1122's are bit heavy than other products. I'll take a look at that SPX3001.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #35
Yeah, I just realized K1122's are bit heavy than other products. I'll take a look at that SPX3001.
Honestly, I think you would be better served with the Sun Joe or similar brand, and you can always buy the Mosmatic sprayer and wand and quick attachment setup from Matt but be advised that this will cost more than the Sun Joe. :rolleyes:

Registered
Honestly, I think you would be better served with the Sun Joe or similar brand, and you can always buy the Mosmatic sprayer and wand and quick attachment setup from Matt but be advised that this will cost more than the Sun Joe. :rolleyes:

Thank you! Maybe I'll let the wife decide.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Thank you! Maybe I'll let the wife decide.
If you get the Kranzle you will have to change the oil once at ~ 50 hours of use and to help track that I created an Excel spreadsheet; BTW, the oil weight is 15/40.

Addendum:
two other things to be aware of I had to have a 20 amp outlet installed and although the electrical cord is 35 ft and is more than adequate be aware that you cannot use an extension cord so that may affect the placement of your 20 amp outlet if needed.

Registered
If you get the Kranzle you will have to change the oil once at ~ 50 hours of use and to help track that I created an Excel spreadsheet; BTW, the oil weight is 15/40.

Addendum:
two other things to be aware of I had to have a 20 amp outlet installed and although the electrical cord is 35 ft and is more than adequate be aware that you cannot use an extension cord so that may affect the placement of your 20 amp outlet if needed.
So the wife likes Sun Joe better. All the parts have been installed onto the truck including the headache rack and ridge grappler tires so it's time to order the sprayer. The kids enjoyed the Saturday ride at the nearby trail. We do have a long electrical cord about 30 feet so washing outside is not an issue.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #39
So the wife likes Sun Joe better. All the parts have been installed onto the truck including the headache rack and ridge grappler tires so it's time to order the sprayer. The kids enjoyed the Saturday ride at the nearby trail. We do have a long electrical cord about 30 feet so washing outside is not an issue.
Sounds good my friend.........enjoy!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts