Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thomas, I see you're in SF. I'm 10 min away in Pacifica, we should get together sometime, I'd love to see your cars.

Cheers :cheers:

Fred

·
Registered
303 Posts
Saw the post, I just ceived a quotation from a supplier in Italy.
The Miura repro wheels in light alloy available are priced at:

7x15 Muira & Espada Euro 1950 the pair

7.5x15 Miura P400 Euro 1950 the pair

9x15 Miura SV Euro 2100 the pair.

Available in silver or gold

The rims are w/o accessories

Are the prices in the States lower?

Alex

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Fred, ping me offline if you're around the city, and we can have lunch. Have you ever raced Bill Russell School of Racing? If so, I think I know you.

Miura Wheels - largely unobtanium in the States, but your quoted prices are higher than Eurospares, I think. check out http://www.eurospares.co.uk for a price comparison. It would be interesting to know if the quality was better/worse than my originals.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
>>It would be interesting to know if the quality was better/worse than my originals.<<

With modern metalurgy & casting process's I'd venture that these new wheels are quite a bit better than the originals. We've come a long way in the last 30 yrs.

It's sad that at the asking prices the wheels are not complete and assembled. A large amount of work & expense is left assembling and balancing/trueing the wheels before they would be satisfactory for high speeds.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi, I bought 4 x 7 inch centre splines and wheels from Eurospares and they are beautiful. I could not get the same finish on restoring my original magnesium wheels on my Jarama. They add up a bit if you have to do centres, wheels and splines - but the quality is super. Happy to send photos if you want. Also - bought a set of Miura 3 eared spinners from Maseratisource.com. In true style to the original - they were rough cast. I had them ceramic coated in silver (hard and heat resistant) and they look bl**dy perfect. Again, happy to show photos if anyone is interested....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Miura Repro Wheels

Hi Team,

please find attached some more photos of my "work in progress" Jarama but also of the new wheels I have for her. As you will see ( i hope) the quality of the eurospares alloy wheel is first class. The machining of the centres is excellent. I have also attached a photo of the ceramic coated spinner - in the mat silver finish (as it comes from Maseratisource) looks a bit sad/lacking when placed next to a fresh new alloy.

More photos when I have made more progress.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.