Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Yes, I've been following this development with great interest! I'm waiting to hear what the shipping costs are going to be to California! I now need 2 complete sets, ouch!

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thomas, I see you're in SF. I'm 10 min away in Pacifica, we should get together sometime, I'd love to see your cars.

Cheers :cheers:

Fred

·
Registered
299 Posts
Saw the post, I just ceived a quotation from a supplier in Italy.
The Miura repro wheels in light alloy available are priced at:

7x15 Muira & Espada Euro 1950 the pair

7.5x15 Miura P400 Euro 1950 the pair

9x15 Miura SV Euro 2100 the pair.

Available in silver or gold

The rims are w/o accessories

Are the prices in the States lower?

Alex

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Fred, ping me offline if you're around the city, and we can have lunch. Have you ever raced Bill Russell School of Racing? If so, I think I know you.

Miura Wheels - largely unobtanium in the States, but your quoted prices are higher than Eurospares, I think. check out http://www.eurospares.co.uk for a price comparison. It would be interesting to know if the quality was better/worse than my originals.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
>>It would be interesting to know if the quality was better/worse than my originals.<<

With modern metalurgy & casting process's I'd venture that these new wheels are quite a bit better than the originals. We've come a long way in the last 30 yrs.

It's sad that at the asking prices the wheels are not complete and assembled. A large amount of work & expense is left assembling and balancing/trueing the wheels before they would be satisfactory for high speeds.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi, I bought 4 x 7 inch centre splines and wheels from Eurospares and they are beautiful. I could not get the same finish on restoring my original magnesium wheels on my Jarama. They add up a bit if you have to do centres, wheels and splines - but the quality is super. Happy to send photos if you want. Also - bought a set of Miura 3 eared spinners from Maseratisource.com. In true style to the original - they were rough cast. I had them ceramic coated in silver (hard and heat resistant) and they look bl**dy perfect. Again, happy to show photos if anyone is interested....

·
Registered
557 Posts
Paul,
Please post the photos up on the forum will be good to see the quality of wheels and spinners, it has been interesting following your rebuild to date, keep up the good work.
Mike

·
Registered
86 Posts
Miura Repro Wheels

Hi Team,

please find attached some more photos of my "work in progress" Jarama but also of the new wheels I have for her. As you will see ( i hope) the quality of the eurospares alloy wheel is first class. The machining of the centres is excellent. I have also attached a photo of the ceramic coated spinner - in the mat silver finish (as it comes from Maseratisource) looks a bit sad/lacking when placed next to a fresh new alloy.

More photos when I have made more progress.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts