Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Recently I got a message saying 'TPMS fault' so checked with my local mechanic who confirmed my left rear sensor was out on my 2012 Aventador.

Ordered two new tyre sensors under part 7PP907275F and are 433MHz. Heaps of variations out there.
(also same part for Gallardo and possibly others in the Audi range).

My experience - Aventador did not automatically relearn codes or reset!

Got sensors - got them installed by local tyre shop. Then spoke to mechanic who asked if I had recorded the ID numbers. (NO I hadn't !!!! grrrh)

Questions :

Anyone else done this? Do I need the ID codes?
Do I have to pull apart the tyres again just to get the codes off the sensors??
Any APP or tool to find the missing tyre sensor IDs ??

I know my mechanic will have to reset with diagnostic tool - that's ok but the ID codes...what a pain.

Help !!!

Thanks in advance :wave:

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
Hi all,
Recently I got a message saying 'TPMS fault' so checked with my local mechanic who confirmed my left rear sensor was out on my 2012 Aventador.

Ordered two new tyre sensors under part 7PP907275F and are 433MHz. Heaps of variations out there.
(also same part for Gallardo and possibly others in the Audi range).

My experience - Aventador did not automatically relearn codes or reset!

Got sensors - got them installed by local tyre shop. Then spoke to mechanic who asked if I had recorded the ID numbers. (NO I hadn't !!!! grrrh)

Questions :

Anyone else done this? Do I need the ID codes?
Do I have to pull apart the tyres again just to get the codes off the sensors??
Any APP or tool to find the missing tyre sensor IDs ??

I know my mechanic will have to reset with diagnostic tool - that's ok but the ID codes...what a pain.

Help !!!

Thanks in advance 馃憢
Ok - I will answer my own questions above on how to replace and sort out a TPMS Fault for a Lamborghini Aventador, that is replacing the tire sensors when the code comes up on your dash.

Firstly, the tire pressure sensors of the car are typically always on and so the batteries die at a similar time of course.

In my case, my back sensors went and then so did my front. When I replaced the back finally (a month later) the fronts had already gone too - so the fault was still showing as uncleared (unless you plug in to a top diagnostic unit it won't tell you which corner!).

Hopefully if you have the right sensors, the Aventador picks up on them - NO dealer visit necessary.

I have now replaced mine all AND before I had backed the car out of the tire shop - the codes had all cleared and system picked up on them.

Here's my top tips :
  • replace ALL four sensors at once (as the others will all go soon enough after and you should get a better deal)
  • when you do replace, note the ID numbers on each sensor just in case (you may need them esp on other Lambo models)
  • your local tire shop should be able to change these, most cases probably without even removing the tyres too.
  • make sure the angle of the sensors/valve is placed so the tire can be removed later on without damaging it.
  • the actual Audi/VW sensors can be really expensive. I was quoted up to $300US per wheel plus tax.
  • I got some from Rare Electrical on Amazon which are the same code as above 7PP907275F and 433mhz for under $40US each. TX-S003 (Regitar USA) these are Made in Taiwan.
  • Aventador apparently has the ability to relearn new TPMS.
  • My ones I purchased, were well priced and I did not need to reprogramme or do anything.
  • The 7PP907275F code is also across many other cars, Gallardo, 911, I think some Ferrari, R8, Bentley and Aston but there might be difference in how they come packaged up/programmed. Not sure... but you'd think if same part number it would need worse case, just ID with the system and manually inputed. Many will relearn.
Hope that helps.

Registered
Thank you for the tips! I need to replace a sensor on my SL but will replace all 4 as I'm sure they're all on the way out. I ordered 4 sensors for $60 shipped off eBay using the part # you provided. Hopefully these aren't junk, but worth a try as it sounds like you probably saved me $1100. I'll be sure to record the ID numbers but hopefully the car learns on it's own.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts