Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
I believe this is only in a select group of 08 SL’s, they changed them to glass at the oem level. I’m not sure of much else on the replacement process.

·
Registered
787 Posts
mine is a 2012 and experiencing the same problem.
I thought you meant the interior center window. If you are talking about the hatch and the window that flexes on high acceleration, then yes they are all poly. I’ve used hexagon mesh on that are before and it was one of the best ideas ever! The heat that came off the engine was absolutely crazy.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought you meant the interior center window. If you are talking about the hatch and the window that flexes on high acceleration, then yes they are all poly. I’ve used hexagon mesh on that are before and it was one of the best ideas ever! The heat that came off the engine was absolutely crazy.
you replaced the hatch window with mesh? got pics? not my style but i wanna see

·
Registered
SL #7007
137 Posts
yup thats what i needed.just waiting for new window to show up. stuck in customs :/
Well I hope it works for you. Im sure I’ll end up needing it too some day!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
managed to remove and replace the back window.pretty straight forward. OEM window in stock at eurospares cost me around 3200 to my door.

·
Registered
SL #7007
137 Posts
Good to see you not cut any corners! Balls todo this, rarely do people do this replacement. The mesh I did was installed when I purchased the car but I liked it a lot.
This is interesting. How is it mounted from the inside of the bonnet?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts