Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Invariably after my car is covered in a PPF a part of the PPF is either damaged and/or perforated. I am not inclined to change it every time that occurs so, how long do you wait before replacing a damaged PPF? I am leaning to waiting a year for replacing the damaged PPF but I am just curious what owners tend to do/recommend.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rocks I suspect, it happened and happens every time after I get a PPF.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
really that is crazy i guess what area ....was the damage?
Front bumper, as occurred on my 2021 EVO and I had a perforation of two layers (double thickness) on the side of my 2RS in front of the rear wheel on the passenger side. The layer does its job but instead of a paint defect you have a perforated or scared PPF. I have used only Suntek Ultra to date but will switch to XPEL.
Be advised the PPF is not a force field but an 8mm flimsy barrier.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you think xpel is better
I suspect it is based upon other owners reports but another option Suntek has an 11mm thickness you can opt for but not sure how the final result/appearance will compare to the 8mm variant.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know how to gauge the paint hardness or softness of the EVO maybe others will chime in but I do think at very least the front bumper has to be covered in PPF. To date I have never had paint damage on any of my Sports Cars so, the PPF does and did its job.

Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD on order
I guess another reason why I鈥檓 good with Grigio Lynx. Don鈥檛 think dings in ppf will show as much as dings on lighter colors.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I guess another reason why I鈥檓 good with Grigio Lynx. Don鈥檛 think dings in ppf will show as much as dings on lighter colors.
They'll show and it's annoying but better than chips but sometimes I wonder especially after forking out all that money for "protection".

Attachments

Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD on order
They'll show and it's annoying but better than chips but sometimes I wonder especially after forking out all that money for "protection".
I鈥檝e never had dings in my ppf that drove me crazy but a buddy has a silver Cayman with one ding in the ppf in the middle of the hood and that one would drive me up the wall.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I鈥檝e never had dings in my ppf that drove me crazy but a buddy has a silver Cayman with one ding in the ppf in the middle of the hood and that one would drive me up the wall.
Such is the limitation of an 8mm Suntek Ultra PPF. If I had no protection and a paint chip I could fill it in with touch up paint and it would look better than what I have now. I wonder what a repaint on a Lamborghini bumper would run. I wonder how the cost compares to PPF coverage.

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
That would drive me crazy, can鈥檛 tolerate any flaws, even as minor as that one is.

Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD on order
Such is the limitation of an 8mm Suntek Ultra PPF. If I had no protection and a paint chip I could fill it in with touch up paint and it would look better than what I have now. I wonder what a repaint on a Lamborghini bumper would run. I wonder how the cost compares to PPF coverage.
Years ago, before PPF was a thing, I had a Boxster and while on the interstate I ended up behind a truck that dumped rocks all over my hood and it looked awful. I took it to the dealer and I don鈥檛 know why but they said for resale I鈥檇 be better off leaving the hood as is rather than having a record of it being painted. So I left it and traded it in a while after. Always made me sick looking at the poor thing.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I may have to wait to change it because it gets damaged so easily I will wind up throwing too much money down the drain. Such is the illusion of PPF "protection".

Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD on order
I may have to wait to change it because it gets damaged so easily I will wind up throwing too much money down the drain. Such is the illusion of PPF "protection".
It's film and it protected your paint...didn't say anything about protecting itself!! Not sure if yours is supposed to have self-healing properties but I've yet to see that work!!

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's film and it protected your paint...didn't say anything about protecting itself!! Not sure if yours is supposed to have self-healing properties but I've yet to see that work!!
Self healing doesn't work on a perforation. The warranty and the self healing claims are just marketing BS.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts