1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
563 Posts
Wow, now that's a real drag...... I've seen that happen w/ tail light lenses (on Saabs) but not the WHOLE assembly. Did the harness/sockets at least hold on keeping it from making contact w/ asphalt, or not..... and now it's completely destroyed. If it were still intact there's hope the mounting surfaces could be repaired w/ a bit of ingenuity ??

·
Registered
2008 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
2008 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, now that's a real drag...... I've seen that happen w/ tail light lenses (on Saabs) but not the WHOLE assembly. Did the harness/sockets at least hold on keeping it from making contact w/ asphalt, or not..... and now it's completely destroyed. If it were still intact there's hope the mounting surfaces could be repaired w/ a bit of ingenuity ??
The harness and bulbs are intact. It looks like just the red plastic cover is gone. Very strange. I dove back to the gas station to where I last knew that the tail light was on the car, but I could not find it on the road anywere. A complete mistery.

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
563 Posts
The harness and bulbs are intact. It looks like just the red plastic cover is gone. Very strange. I dove back to the gas station to where I last knew that the tail light was on the car, but I could not find it on the road anywere. A complete mistery.
Ok, I see the 4 mounting points and there's plastic left behind as it likely broke away one by one until finally letting completely go. So when you discovered it the sockets and harness were just dangling. You think it would have made some noise bouncing off the rear bumper at least a few times before the sockets worked their way free and then the housing would go running away into the gutter, woods, or completely flattened by other traffic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts