Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m planning on replacing my high pressure fuel pumps soon. They have 24k miles and don’t seem to be up to task with the turbo setup under full load.

Does anyone know the Audi part number or perhaps an aftermarket higher flow alternative? I tried using Google but not much seems to be available from US vendors.

·
Registered
2008 Superleggera
112 Posts

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
stock pumps with auto tech internals.doesnt do a whole lot though.
Yeah I’m not running a high boost / built motor car. Just stage 1 turbos. I know the stock pumps can wear out and I think there may have been a service bulletin about them, but it may have been a prelp thing. IDK.
I think I’m going to inspect / replace the fuel filters first. I have seen that a lot of people have issues with them clogging up. I recently started getting fuel starved on heavy acceleration and then P018B code / limp mode at WOT near red line.
Hopefully it’s something simple.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Ive had issues witrh the filters as well. PreLP dont have Direct injection but the early year r8/gallardos 09-12 did have HPFP issues but most covered under warranty.

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
Hi plumber,
before installed the higher fuel demand heffner tt bolt on system(800 rwhp), never got a low fuel rail pressure error. Never seen any error with subsequent upgrade to UR stage 3 TT as runs separate motec controlled fuel delivery system for TT fuel injectors.
From my experience running a heffner stage 1tt on my 2011 lp560-4, I found from vcds logging that my oem hpfp was not providing 120 bar through the full rev range in 5th gear while carrying out 1000metre sprints. Engine went into limp mode and then 'max 6000 rpm' message on display. See attached.
Ran vcds scan and got the dreaded error code P0078- low fuel rail pressure.
Also did run with online vcds logging and showed that delivered rail fuel pressure was not meetinfg requested 119 bar- see printout.
Problem solved by purchasing from Loba sports upgraded HPFP's and installing. See attached to get in touch with them. Same upgraded HPFP for AUDi RS6 v10 TT.
Problem solved! 120 bar all through rev range in every gear to rev limiter in 6th and no more P0078 error.
trust above of use.
cheers,
john

Attachments

Reactions: Plumber

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi plumber,
before installed the higher fuel demand heffner tt bolt on system(800 rwhp), never got a low fuel rail pressure error. …
Problem solved! 120 bar all through rev range in every gear to rev limiter in 6th and no more P0078 error.
trust above of use.
cheers,
john
Great info, thanks! This sounds like exactly my scenario. Never had much of a problem on the street, but once I brought it to the track it really became an issue. Now it’s happening regularly on the street as well. I do suspect the filters are getting clogged up. Wonderful ethanol gas here in the US.

So you’re saying my solution is to buy a UGR stage 3 Huracan? I’ll let me wife know ASAP 😂
I’ll joking aside, I will look into the upgraded pumps if changing the filters doesn’t do the trick.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts