Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hoping to have my 1979 Countach repainted back to it's original color (Blu Acapulco). I would have it done professionally and have talked to two different resotration ships in the Colorado/Wyoming area. I am looking for general advice from people that have recently had their Countach repainted. I have the corect color code from PPG.

I need some detailed "dos" and "don'ts" and general tips. For example, how do the parking light surrounds come off? How should the side window frames come off (or should they be removed?)? What is the exact color for the various scopes and vents? I would appreciate lots of advice and things to watch out for.

THANKS

anderson

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Honestly I would Not let anyone remove the permanet Glass, ie: windshield & side glass. If they were to crack these in the process you would not be a happy camper!!! The way it is done is to tape these parts VERY CAREFULLY and remove some sealant with an Xacto Knife.... then paint.....then lay a small bead of sealant back into the groove!

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
The shop I go to for repairs says the same thing. Something like 80% of the windshields break during attempts to get them out - not much you can do to prevent it.

-mick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts