Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a 2012 Performante that has been repainted and removed the black stripes on the hood. The paint job was done extremely well, but I'm still wary about it affecting future resale.

Would you expect the car to be discounted due to the paint job? If so, how much.

·
Registered
310 Posts
My vote, yes, I would expect discount.
I'll let other co-members discuss further.
FWIW do find out why it needed a repaint.
Good luck.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My vote, yes, I would expect discount.
I'll let other co-members discuss further.
FWIW do find out why it needed a repaint.
Good luck.
Apparently it was "in pretty bad shape" (dings) according to Ed Bolian. The dealership didn't even know it was repainted until I found old pictures with the stripes on VinWiki. Ed had sold it previously, so I reached out to him. No signs of accident though. And the paint job is exactly the same thickness as factory and has a consistent thickness all around the car, so I think they repainted the whole thing.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Was the car repainted with the same color or was the color changed? If it was the same paint color, it still might hurt it a little bit (always asked if original paint) but if it is a color change, I think it hurts it bad in my opinion. I agree with Kenny, why painted. I saw dings mentioned, any proof that is all it was. If I ever need to re paint, or wrap a car, I think it would be a good idea to get before and after pictures. Does the seller have such pictures?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,861 Posts
I would also try to find out why it was repainted. Was there any damage that required repainting?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I mean, we know the kinds of cars Ed is into haha...

Love to watch his content and his stories are great, but hes always after Lambos that others would turn away from.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I mean, we know the kinds of cars Ed is into haha...

Love to watch his content and his stories are great, but hes always after Lambos that others would turn away from.
Haha for sure. Luckily he sold this one brand new.

The car was repainted before the previous seller. Probably 2-3 owners ago. The current seller (an exotic car dealership) didn't even know it was repainted. It was repainted the same color. The dings/damage was bad enough to have a nice crack in the windshield (that the dealership is also replacing).

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Years ago I had a Boxster that had hood damage after I was driving on the interstate and got behind a truck that was dumping rocks everywhere. The dealer said leave the damage as it was and that repainting the hood would devalue the car for trade in purposes. That was just a measly old Boxster!!!

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Cars with stories are always harder to sell. Get a Performante with all original paint as it will be less headache down the road.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Haha for sure. Luckily he sold this one brand new.

The car was repainted before the previous seller. Probably 2-3 owners ago. The current seller (an exotic car dealership) didn't even know it was repainted. It was repainted the same color. The dings/damage was bad enough to have a nice crack in the windshield (that the dealership is also replacing).
Not to generalize, and I have no idea what dealer this car is at, but sometimes dealers play dumb to absolve themselves of any issues if things get discovered down the line...

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,546 Posts
I also would be unwilling to buy a Lamborghini with a repaint history. The repaint raises some troubling possibilities that may be hard to definitely ferret out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts