Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the very last things on my "to do list" ( wrote it at the end of '99) is to buff out the marks on my front windshield caused by the wiper. If you run your fingernail across them you can't feel them, so they are extremely superficial. I tried with all kind of cleaning products and no success. I am aware there are some abrasive products specifically for glass windshields out there that applied with a buffer actually can eliminate these marks - anybody done it?

·
Registered
136 Posts
i did my side window a couple of years ago... i used a ammonia abrasive paint finisher and with a buffer got alot of the scraches out but not all...

·
Registered
584 Posts
I've used steel wool to get out marks that window cleaner can't remove. You can get a bag for about $2 at home depot in the paint section..keep it near the sandpaper. Comes in different grades... I think I used 2000 grit. If it's only rubber marks, some goof off or other rubber/glue remover should work also. If the steel wool by itself does not remove it, add a little auto paint polish to help agitate. Neither product will damage your glass.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Smash the windshield and get a new one under warranty. Now that's smart marketing skills!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts