Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to remove the rear window in an elegant way on a MY14 coupe?

I'd love to get more of an open-air feeling, but even more importantly/needingly looking for an increased aural experience. So much of the symphony is playing out the back, and not enough music is making its way into the cabin.

Naturally I'm also considering a Fabspeed or LOC exhaust (bolt-on types, with OEM cats.) But louder doesn't necessarily mean a higher aural experience.

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
Is it possible to remove the rear window in an elegant way on a MY14 coupe?

I'd love to get more of an open-air feeling, but even more importantly/needingly looking for an increased aural experience. So much of the symphony is playing out the back, and not enough music is making its way into the cabin.

Naturally I'm also considering a Fabspeed or LOC exhaust (bolt-on types, with OEM cats.) But louder doesn't necessarily mean a higher aural experience.
Hi rsms,:wave:

An unusual request. If you want the open air feel, you buy a spyder.

However , rear window on the coupe is relatively east to remove.-see extract from LP560 workshop manual.

The special tool is one to cut the window sealant. Any windscreen installer or body shop should have this.

If you take out the rear window, you will have a negative pressure behind your head generated by the roof spoiler. This may suck any loose light objects out of your cabin.

To prevent this , I believe the spyder has a glass panel that comes up when the top goes down.

You will certainly hear more engine/exhaust note noise. Also with the windows down, you wont get the drumming in the cabin as the air will exit out the 'open' rear window.

You might get a few passerbys advising that someone had broken into your lambo:)

I am sure spyder owners can chime in with their views.:)

just my two cents worth.

cheers,
john

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Two much-appreciated cents!

I've got my hands on a (slightly dated) workshop manual and will see what my shop can do. Best-case scenario would be a quick-lockable window that could be removed and stowed, and later reattached in a minute or so.

The body shape of the coupe is where it's at for me. Spyder doesn't win the beauty contest IMHO.

The rear roof spoiler will likely not cause a back pressure, but just some minor turbulence. At least that's what my aeronautic aerodynamics know-how tells me. But hey, I've been wrong before :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts