Lamborghini Talk banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry for what might be a silly question, I'm new to modding.
I'm picking up a 2016 SV that already has Capristo exhaust, but I assume the Cats are still stock.
To go catless, do I need to buy anything else such as downpipes?
I'm mainly interested in shooting flames and sound at certain times. I'm assuming that with the capristo remote control, I can keep the valves closed when starting the car early AM?

Also, can someone explain the difference between catback and catless?
Thanks!

·
Registered
342 Posts
None. After I did it, I was like why did I even worry, lol. Sound is not that loud and the valves quiet it down to stock. And there's no gas smell or heating problems. And with the higher pitch for the V12, it's like no reason to not do it.
How did you manage any CEL issues? I have the spacers in the Gallardo but it still trips up the o2 sensor, which while it throws a light in the G I think it puts the car into limp mode in the A?

·
Registered
137 Posts
How did you manage any CEL issues? I have the spacers in the Gallardo but it still trips up the o2 sensor, which while it throws a light in the G I think it puts the car into limp mode in the A?
Count me in on wanting to know for sure what needs to be done for the Aventador model beyond a spacer. Looking for any input from those already who put debar systems on their cars. Please send info. Have exhaust on order so just trying to verify.

·
Registered
365 Posts
On my 2004 Gallardo, I bought 2 oxygen(?) extenders from Ebay and put them on my KIline straight pipes when I put my valved Kline exhaust on. NEVER a CEL. Installation went very smooth and, in my opinion, is the BEST sounding exhaust for the Gallardo.

·
Premium Member
Aventador Roadster Extreme Edition, Huracan Performante, Gallardo Performante
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
@Yellowcan, did you see that a lot of us are jumping on the Brilliant/Stardropper bandwagon? Kratos should have his any day now. If you haven't ordered yet, you might check them out, there's a few threads about it. Mine should be here in a month.
Japan has arrived. :)

Reactions: BRU and azzurri

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
3,502 Posts
That's probably easier than declawing, at least on the cat. Sorry couldn't resist.;)

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

·
Registered
183 Posts
Count me in on wanting to know for sure what needs to be done for the Aventador model beyond a spacer. Looking for any input from those already who put debar systems on their cars. Please send info. Have exhaust on order so just trying to verify.
you can adress this in retuning the ECU.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am about to do decat pipes on my S with a tune and keeping the stock exhaust. Can't wait to see the results.

·
Registered
17' SV Roadster, Performante Spyder, 458 Spyder
64 Posts
I ordered my Brilliant exhaust a month ago. I am stoked to hear some feedback. The only AV with this exhaust I have heard is the one Lambo Jesus has. Kratos... can your share details on your install and how it sounds?

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I ordered my Brilliant exhaust a month ago. I am stoked to hear some feedback. The only AV with this exhaust I have heard is the one Lambo Jesus has. Kratos... can your share details on your install and how it sounds?
I will. Right now we're at the mercy of my mechanic. He's "booked" and so the exhaust is sitting there waiting for him to find a spot for it.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Can you post some pics of your system?
Still wrapped and sealed in box in mechanic's shop storage. I had it shipped to him so that I wouldn't have to drive it down.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts