Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a early Murci that has the same calipers as a late Diablo. Anyone have info on how to get as close as possible to the OEM charcoal grey finish and white Lamborghini logo on these calipers?

·
Registered
199 Posts
It is not lacquer but anodised, as far as i know. I would just clean them carefully. I did it on my with brake cleaner and wheels cleaner and they look pretty good.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Unfortunately the finish is beyond cleaning on my calipers.

Has anyone else been able to recreate it?

·
Premium Member
97.0 Diablo VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,815 Posts
I repainted the calipers (changed color) on my Gallardo by taking it to a professional shop. They used high heat professional spray and I also had them locate a printer who could print the Lamborghini script. The script itself is a sticker applied on top of the new color paint and then they spray a clear on top of the whole caliper. I’m not familiar with your anodized caliber but this turned out very well at least for my 08 Gallardo. As for my 97 Diablo, its calipers have OEM black glossy paint and Brembo on them and are in original condition if you want me to take a photo of them for you. Definitely paint not anodized grey. That said I don’t have a late model Diablo that directly compares to your early Merchi.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I believe they are annodized, I had them done by steve @ driven exotics on my last diablo. I am going to tackle this shortly, but dont have an answer on how to finish them properly. I assume they need to be completely disassembled.

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Wood Bumper

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No problem for me to take them off the car and rebuild them if needed after refinishing, it's just finding someone that can duplicate the OEM look.

The late Diablo / early Murci looks like this (ebay photo of someone else's used caliper)

Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I really wonder what the finish is on these calipers. It's almost like a bare metal finish because of the matte finish, but I know it's not the natural color of the metal because the color was stripped off my car's calipers during the previous ownership. My guess is that they used some horribly aggressive and acidic wheel cleaner for chrome wheels (car came with chromed OEM wheels) that ate the finish off the calipers. My calipers were a bare metal silver on the front side and still had the original charcoal gray finish on the back sides that probably didn't get hit so hard with the wheel cleaner.

On the Murci, it almost seems like they used a laser to etch the Lamborghini logo onto the caliper, but I can't be too sure of that. I did notice the Lamborghini script was etched into the caliper slightly, so that's why I think it was laser etched from the factory. I am sure I will have to use vinyl stickers to recreate the logo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts