Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, a question about receiving vehicles at a shipping port. Is the buyer supposed to be at the port to unload the vehicle from the container? Or does the shipping company do that? Do they move the vehicle indoors for pick up? Do they just keep it in the container?

Have no experience as it relates to this aspect of lambo purchasing.

tia

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey guys, a question about receiving vehicles at a shipping port. Is the buyer supposed to be at the port to unload the vehicle from the container? Or does the shipping company do that? Do they move the vehicle indoors for pick up? Do they just keep it in the container?

Have no experience as it relates to this aspect of lambo purchasing.

tia
My questions are a pecific to purchasing a lambo directly from a foreign seller and setting up transportation via a shipping transport company.

once the ship is in port, what’s the expectations of the buyer?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I was an importer for many years. It depends on how he shipped it to you. Did he pay for delivery to you or just to the port. It will have to be imported by a customs broker unless he set that up. Check with the seller to see what he did. You will probably need a customs agent to handle the import. (Once it is imported you can arrange a transport, I know a good one) Also is it new or old car? It must also pass DOT and EPA depending on year and model. Check with US customs for the specifics on that car or use a broker that is familiar with car importing. Lee PS Normally this is all set up before you ship the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts