Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Grigio Lynx EVO Spyder RWD
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a “real” ticket. Coming home got nailed by a speed camera on a lonely stretch of service road. Absolutely no one on the road late at night. Should have had the Uniden on. Luckily camera tickets do not give points against a license here.
It wasn’t my fault! I swear! The Bull spirits had possessed me. 😈

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Not a “real” ticket. Coming home got nailed by a speed camera on a lonely stretch of service road. Absolutely no one on the road late at night. Should have had the Uniden on. Luckily camera tickets do not give points against a license here.
I hate those types of speeding tickets
Big brother is watching

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
If it was on a lonely road… sounds like a good place to do some target shooting

·
Premium Member
2022 Rosso Mars Huracan STO
17,231 Posts
Well, no points, no problem. Have never gotten any ticket in any of my sports cars mostly because I never exceed the speed limit, scout's honor. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
17,231 Posts
Every States and every democratic countries need an autobahn. Why put so much control on the citizen and have them pay car taxes and gasoline taxes while giving them no single freedom to drive on single public road.
We have an autobahn in Texas well, sorta, the backroads...................... ;)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Here we have red light cameras, red light/speed cameras, permanent speed cameras, several trailer cameras which they move around every day, camera trucks with telescopic lights to capture you at night and so much more police dishing out speeding tickets than serving the public when you call for assistance. I've seen many police on foot hiding in bushes, in the ditch, on a bridge with a second patrol car on the road below waiting for his buddie's call, crouched behind snow banks etc.

The list goes on and on.

·
Premium Member
17,231 Posts
Here we have red light cameras, red light/speed cameras, permanent speed cameras, several trailer cameras which they move around every day, camera trucks with telescopic lights to capture you at night and so much more police dishing out speeding tickets than serving the public when you call for assistance. I've seen many police on foot hiding in bushes, in the ditch, on a bridge with a second patrol car on the road below waiting for his buddie's call, crouched behind snow banks etc.

The list goes on and on.
Goodness, with all the surveillance I surprised you haven't had to wear those nice silver bracelets and orange jumpsuit that LEO kindly hands out. :giggle:

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Goodness, with all the surveillance I surprised you haven't had to wear those nice silver bracelets and orange jumpsuit that LEO kindly hands out. :giggle:
That's why I want an orange car...to match my orange jumpsuit! ;)

Last night in the span of my 45 minute drive I saw in 3 different places 3 cop cars that had pulled 3 drivers. This morning on the highway a cruiser took the offramp to get ready for a second interception and 4 kilometers ahead a highway police motorcycle had pulled over a car. They are there every day it's just a matter of which spot they chose. One gentle curve I usually accelerate on the highway, I was very lucky that day I was just cruising along, I noticed a cop bike hiding behind the guardrail in the curve!

I said this before this summer on another stretch 2 police SUV hiding literally in the bushes on the median divider and another SUV parked on the shoulder and a cop kneeling in the ditch with only a little bit of him sticking above the black top. I do not drive there anymore.

There has been a rumor circulating on the news for over a decade they have ticket quotas to fill.

If you own a sports car in my area, this is what it "almost" feels like.

·
Premium Member
17,231 Posts
@Luzifer, I guess you still have a healthy police presence but here in Texas where I typically drive there have not been many police out and about. I think the change could be a manpower shortage or cuts into police budgets or both.

·
Premium Member
17,231 Posts
lol ain't that the truth. I'll be going like 20 over on the 2222 and still get passed like I'm standing still😂
You got that right. Probably was me............... :giggle:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts