Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OCGrant told me they would be able to rebuild those expensive front lifting shocks very soon. Pricing has not been determined yet, but count on it to be cheaper than a new replacement shocks. How much cheaper? We'll just have to put pressure on Grant. :)

·
Registered
584 Posts
Hey Ray . . Might have a lead for you.

The FCars have a custom built shock for them which is "non-rebuildable". They cost about $1200 ea and are sold only in pairs.

Anyway, I guy who was a shock designer for off road racing started a company and can rebuild just about anything. He did shocks for a few freinds of mine. He also has a background with some road racing, PCars I think.

Might be worth a try... give him a call. The name of his company is Delta Vee Motorsport located in Michigan. His name is Rob (847) 638-4226 and I think email is [email protected]

Frank

·
Registered
108 Posts
I just spoke with Rob since I have a 355 with leaking rear shocks - very nice guy, very knowledgeable. He rebuilds Ferrari shocks for about $235 each, as opposed to the $900-$1200 each the dealer wants for new ones. He uses OEM components, so they come back in factory new condition. Turnaround time is a couple of days.

I asked him about the Diablo lifting shocks and he says he's never seen a set but would certainly not mind looking at them if someone had a set (bad or good) that they could send to him. Can anyone step up to the plate for the greater good?

The phone number above is right, but the e-mail is wrong - it should be [email protected]. I have his address if you need it.

Frank, thanks for the lead! You saved me a bunch on my 355 repair.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Do they rebuild Koni shocks? the website, deltavee.net says they do Bilsteins, no mention of Koni.

·
Registered
108 Posts
He said he has never done a set of Konis, but if someone can send him one he can assess what he can do with it.

He said Koni commonly crimps or welds the shock cases shut, which makes them difficult (but not impossible) to work with. He said he might be able to manufacture a new outer casing which would promote future serviceability.

Bottom line is we need to get him some shocks to look at.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Charles - Your welcome.

Whenever I find a resource on a chat site, I print out the thread and place it in 3 ring reference binder. Break it down by electrical, suspension, etc etc.

Glad I kept that ... was going to throw away went sold the FCar. Yes, I spoke with Rob before and he knows his stuff.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've been doing the same thing with Ferraris for years, but instead of putting them in a binder I've put together a web-based Rolodex to share with people. I do the data entry/administration and a friend did the programming & hosting.

You can see it at www.ferrariclub.com/rolodex

I've wanted to do the same thing for Lamborghini but no one I asked on the Yahoo list wanted to do the hosting/programming for it. Anyone here want to do something similar?

·
Registered
13 Posts
yes guys it's true...We have successfully re-built Koni shocks for awhile now with great success on test cars. We are using factory Koni seals and some superior products also. I just sent 60 used Koni's out for re-manufacturing and will have them back soon. Currently these shocks cover model years 1996-1999 Diablo & 2001 Diablo 6.0. I will keep the board posted on pricing when my first batch returns in a couple of weeks.

Grant Johnson
Lamborghini Beverly Hills & Orange County

PS...nice to see you the other day Raymond..your car looks great

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ocgrant said:
<snip>

PS...nice to see you the other day Raymond..your car looks great
Thanks for the help, Grant. When will I ever learn not to take my car anywhere else but your place.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Charles - I've seen that before...did not know it was you!

Grant - Nice to see someone from the dealer here! Perhaps you can contribute with some tech posts time to time..

·
Registered
335 Posts
I second that about Grant. On the west coast that's the place to go if you need serious help with your Lamborghini. We need more people like him in this small community. ie. people that are vely well informed about the cars and will think of simple solutions instead of always simply replacing multiple parts and just billing the owner with big mark-ups and/or gives advice to the owners on a forum like this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts