Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not a big fan of reversing cameras, personally preferring parking sensors. Has anyone had them fitted to a Gallardo? Is it possible to do so discretely?

Andy

·
Registered
48 Posts
Its an option on the gallardo.

I was told by the dealer they can be fitted after market. He said he didn't like em personally as they ruin the crisp lines of the rear bumper.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It wasn't offered to me by the dealer in London?

I'm speaking to them tomorrow so, will ask the question.

Thanks,
Andy

·
Registered
48 Posts
I see you have the Sat nav on your car. I was looking thru the options of mine and saw mention of AV ports.

I know you said you dont like reverse cameras, but it would be easy to install if the Sat Nav really does have AV ports.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also have an M3 cab and that too has an AV option on the SatNav. It needed a seperate loom to be attached to the TV tuner to give you the inputs however. A plug-in also gave me 'TV in motion' which would be nice in the Gallardo... for my passenger. I imagine the Audi unit would need much the same? Wouldn't like to guess where the TV tuner is though?

Because I have the BMW, I'm used to Parking Distance Control and it's never failed me. Unfortunately, I'm in the habit of not judging by site and I've nearly forgotten a few times already in the Gallardo. :( I suppose I'd give the camera a go if it was a cleaner install?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Any pics?
This is the first I hear of this option

·
Registered
14 Posts
I too am looking to fit parking sensors, however i have just bought my gallardo from Lambourghini Birmingham and they said the sensors would melt from the heat of the exhaust? Has anyone mananged to fit them ok?

·
Registered
30 Posts
unfortunately he is right
I was fitting PDC (par distance control) to my gallardo, after the 3 time of the complete replacement of all sensors (all melted), I stoped the "project" and replaced the rear bumber back to original

A camera is a option, but the dust at the back of the car will make it unusable in no time

rgds, erik

·
Registered
14 Posts
Pdc

Nice one Erik, I think I will take your advice, I'm still searching for an original camera but no joy yet, I am going to look at fitting a camera somewhere, perhaps behind main grill or above no plate, mountd on the underside of the numberplate sound / bumper, very small hole for wire.

Have you got used to parking your Gallardo yet?

·
Registered
30 Posts
parking is not a real issue, real driving, is the challenge, specially in switzerland ;0)

have a look first at the orig. camera, after driving in wet weather and on a dusty road

only my 5cents

·
Registered
30 Posts
hi monahan

it seems that you guysa re smarter then our guys in switzerland, installing the sensors at the licenceplate frame is quite smart, the installations with the temp. problems, where installed in the rear bumper, right over the exhaust system, and therefore melting.

I would asume that installing the sensors at place as showed on your pics will avoid this issue

cool, thanks for your input!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts