Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in the US so one of the switches on the dash (the one intended for the rear fog lights) do not work. Does anyone have a picture of the rear fog lights in action? Why are they not included in the US version, and can one add it? Thanks.

h

·
Registered
584 Posts
I'm not sure, but think they are illegal in the US. On some cars they are a third light on the rear. On the diablo I think they are where the back up lights are. You have one that's a back up light and the other one is a fog light. They are red in color and I think the reason we don't have them here is so that people don't think your breaking...

Just like in FL where we get down pours with zero visibility they don't want you to turn on your emer flashers, because if you need to brake the person vehind you will not know your breaking...

Maybe someone else could chime in...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
interesting. although, wouldn't people in the UK also think that a red light means the person is braking? unless they have different rules out there.

h

·
Registered
91 Posts
Rear fog lights are legal in the US- some manufacturers offer them-
I've had them on Saabs and I know they became available on the new Mini in the US after owners complained that they wanted them.

I don't think many companies offer them because Americans don't know what they are.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Fog lights in the U.S.

Does anyone know if the fog light switch can be activated by the dealer? I once had a Mercedes with the single rear fog light, so they might be legal here in California

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
In most US states it is illegal to have two, high-intensity red rear fog lights. Other countries have visability limits on when they can be used. I believe early US (at least) Diablos had only one. I know on my 99 the backup lights could double as fog lights but the lights are physically different including missing a wire from the lights to the main harness.

The thought is that the fog lights would be confused with brake lights and it seems to be a mystery as to why thats a bad thing :rolleyes:

-mick

·
Registered
615 Posts
Why are you replying to his question after 5 years?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts