Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

So unfortunately my Gallardo was rear-ended. I was stopped at a stoplight for 30 seconds and was hit by somebody not paying attention (likely on their cell phone). Below I attached a video that shows the damage that occurred to the car. I'm wondering two things:

1) Does the damage look bad enough to completely destroy the resell value of the car? It's going to be sent to somebody this week to be evaluated.

2) Does anyone have any collision shops they'd recommend in Michigan?

3) Any helpful tips? This is my first exotic / expensive accident.

Pretty bummed...Just bought the car 3 months ago and have been loving every second.

Here is the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCPaAnMAHc0

Thank you so much for any and all help!

-Parker

·
Registered
529 Posts
Doesn't look too bad.. Time for a LP-560 rear update.. lol.. But in all honesty it shouldn't really affect resell too much.. It will for sure have an impact but if you document everything it shouldn't be too bad.. may have done some damage to the exhaust system as well.. It sucks but everything should be covered by insurance (and there shouldn't be a deductible from what you said.. Other party should be paying that).

·
Registered
425 Posts
S**t man! That is terrible. I am always afraid of someone hitting me and killing the value of my car. I am so sorry to hear about this. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Ouch! That really sucks.
The damage does look mostly cosmetic, but the battery issue you mention gives me cause for concern. Hopefully, nothing got shorted...'cuz if you have to replace any boards, it won't be cheap. That doesn't mean that the damage you can see is going to be "cheap"...but since there doesn't appear to be engine/transmission damage, repairs won't be "astronomical". The bent exhaust tip shouldn't be much of a problem...I would think that a good shop should be able to bend it back. The same for body panels. The diffuser might have to be replaced, and that might be a bit...but it seems like the majority of your repair bill will end up being labor for the cosmetics.
Now, will this affect resale? It could, but as long as there is no serious issue (it's only cosmetic) and you document it well and get a good shop to do a great job on repairs, I think you'll be OK in that department.

·
Registered
40 Posts
sorry to hear about this bud. I am in agreement w/ the rest however the battery does concern me as well as the lift on the rear window. The frame on the car will need to be inspected for sure and see if any crimples are on the frame itself. I sure do hope not so it'll be as the guys here say. Please keep us posted how it turns out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The rear isn't bad, there may be damage to the crash bar but nothing major to be concerned about. You can pick up a used exhaust for $500. Like eaks said, it's the perfect time for an LP rear update.

My main concern wouldn't be the battery. You know you were hit hard if you felt immediate pain but the frame must have been tweaked a bit for the rear window to move. It'll be repairable but it's damaged without a doubt.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies everyone! I'll try to keep people updated, maybe this can be some sort of twisted learning experience...it's a bummer because the car had 7k miles, not a scratch on it and I was the second owner. Searched a long time to find her.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Looks pretty superficial.

If it was a newer model, I think it would hurt more but I don't see it being much of a hit. Pardon the pun.

I'm with the others. I would go ahead and do an LP560 rear while replacing the parts. That would probably offset any decrease in value when you sell. Of course you'd need a 560 front bumper as well.

Good luck.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Document everything to the T, and get a quote from a lamborghini dealer since the other persons insurance is paying for all....

Make sure the adjuster quotes a new bumper and if the exhaust is damaged, I would take the oportunity to maybe update to an aftermarket.....

Another thing you can try with the insurance adjuster and sometimes works, is to get the dealer to tell you how much the crashed "diminished" the value of your car and ask for that amount of money in damages as well....

And as allways , read anything they offer a few times and dont settle unless you feel like you are being made whole, a lawyer is allways an option....

And by the way if they try to jerk you around , you can allways remind the adjuster that sometimes in these type of crashes you can be really hurt and not feel it for days afterwards.......

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
That sucks man!!! Ugh! You are handling it well and maturely I can't say I would be as level headed. That said the car looks to be hopefully cosmetic they at well built and quite sturdy maybe more so then we give these bulls credit for.

Keep us posted. And yes, time to upgrade to a Superleggera rear diffuser and wing :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Get it fixed and enjoy, life is too short to worry about resale value. the only problem here is it will have to be away for sometime.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You need to speak to the property adjuster about diminished value as was previously stated. It will definitely impact the resale value, whether you intend to sale or not, you need to get compensated for it. Over on the F-Chat forum there was a good article explaining when someone got their new 458 hit. There was an individual mentioned that will write up an appraisal specifically outlining the diminished value based on the accident showing on any report that is pulled.

·
Registered
298 Posts
While it doesn't look too bad, the cost add up all to quick. You'll be surprised with cost of simple repairs and Lambo parts. It definitely de-valued your car at least a little. You can have a professional appraised and see what it's worth for an accident free car compared to yours now. Good luck! Keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
That sucks but you have a great attitude. In the end its just a car and you and your buddy are ok. Good luck with the repairs.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Really feel bad for you. What a bummer! I think I would be beyond upset. I fear you have frame damage of some sort. I would take it to a qualified dealer with a tech that has the expertise to diagnose this possibility before I would do anything else. That's the second most important step. The first is your well being.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all the replies everyone. The plan is to tow it tomorrow to a collision shop that is connected to the local lambo dealer. They said appraisal will take 2 weeks...prepared for a slow process. What a project for something that wasn't my fault, but it is what it is.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts