Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I current drive a Tesla as my DD. I test drove the Evo yesterday and ordered one. With that said, why is the rear backup camera quality so bad on this car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a 2021 EVO (came from an F8 and NSX before that) and I don't find the back up camera quality bad. Perhaps the camera and/or screen in the demo wasn't calibrated?

Sent from my SM-T867V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
The cameras in most other brands are pretty bad compared to Tesla’s. Some newer models are stepping up finally, but even some 3 year old models are pretty lame.

To my eyes the Huracan’s camera looks like 480p. Tesla’s 1080p+.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,453 Posts
What I hate about the EVO/Huracan backup camera is you have to peer through the spokes of the steering wheel to gaze at a postage stamped rear view image. I wish to heck it was displayed on the "infamous" infotainment system as well but that ain't going to happen. In essence, it is, what it is.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The cameras in most other brands are pretty bad compared to Tesla’s. Some newer models are stepping up finally, but even some 3 year old models are pretty lame.

To my eyes the Huracan’s camera looks like 480p. Tesla’s 1080p+.
How expensive can it be for lambo to put a higher res camera back there??

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have a 2021 EVO (came from an F8 and NSX before that) and I don't find the back up camera quality bad. Perhaps the camera and/or screen in the demo wasn't calibrated?

Sent from my SM-T867V using Tapatalk
That's because the new NSX camera is even worse. I had a 2017, I think the camera was from 1995. ;)

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
I suspect they do a ton of research on important features and then a tradeoff analysis on cost and determined they can sell without top notch camera. They are a member of the VW group so it would be been easy to tap into the supply chain. I'd rather have a radio volume knob than a better back up camera :)

Reactions: Lambo2018

·
Registered
175 Posts
I current drive a Tesla as my DD. I test drove the Evo yesterday and ordered one. With that said, why is the rear backup camera quality so bad on this car?

That is not ideal. Not a deal breaker, but it seems like volkwagen/audi are really lacking on their rear view camera's. My 2014 Porsche had the worst back up camera I had ever seen, worse than a 2010 Mercedes I had. Tesla rear view camera is great and that type of clarity should honestly be the standard. Not only due to the price point of these cars, but simply for safety.

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
There is a software recall on rear camera..
Yea got that today, camera may not work when temps below 41. Not going to bother making a trip to get that done, will just wait till car is in for something else

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,446 Posts
Read the recall I just posted. It might improve things overall even if your temps aren't in the 40's.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts