Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know how much the lp640 door weighs? I'm replacing the worn out door hydraulics and need to know if the door can be held up with one arm ?

·
Registered
552 Posts
anyone know how much the lp640 door weighs? I'm replacing the worn out door hydraulics and need to know if the door can be held up with one arm ?
Not anything long term. The doors are like 100 lbs. I would frankly put cloth or something on the ends of something to prop it open rather than trying to hold it while replacing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I screwed large hooks (like what you would use for bicycles) into the garage ceiling rafters and strapped the doors through the window frame to hold them during the work.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The doors are very heavy and if you have a helper to hold the door you can change from one door shock to the other fairly quickly. That said Stimpy's idea is a good one if you don't have a helper. Don't try doing it on your own and you are asking for trouble by using a stick to prop the door.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great info. just got done, used a helper to finish it quick and easy. Now the doors open up properly, just like factory new.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts