Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RE:21,000 mile Diablo

If I purchase the car I'm planning on driving it no more than 2500 miles a year. Can you give me an Idea about how much it will cost to maintain the car for one year.

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Just gas at that rate. Then every couple of years flush the fluids. You can do that yourself, or pay someone a few hundred. Insurance... 1-2 thousand. That's about it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess what I'm more concerned about is major things that can go wrong. How much does it cost to replace a starter, Clutch, etc,etc.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I am going to tell you the same thing I got told over and over when I was looking for my Diablo.

"If you have to ask, its too much"

Just bite the bullet and buy it. :D

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
paith said:
I am going to tell you the same thing I got told over and over when I was looking for my Diablo.

"If you have to ask, its too much"

Just bite the bullet and buy it. :D

How about posting a picture of your car? We'd love to see a nice silver 6.0. I forgot, where did you get your 6.0 again?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I bought the car from a Dentist locally who owned it. I have known the guy for years, and when he told me he was selling to purchase a 360 Spider, I asked how much he wanted. He made a low ball offer and I took it. The car had just over 3400 miles on it. He had the car since new and I was really good friends with him so I knew what all it had been in for.

Several members have seen pictures of the car....

I have not posted them because its nothing special. You can find one anywhere on the web if you forgot what it looks like. :D

I posted a nice interior shot that was even taken with a camera phone. :eek:

but I only sent my pictures through PM's and mainly to the people who thought i'd never buy a car.

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Still......Why don't you put in your garage? If your not going to show it here what's the point in showing it to anybody??

And that's the last word for me on that.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I probably should put it in the garage, just never got around to it.

Before I went to Dental School, I had a dentist tell me and I quote

"Never wear any jewelry or show your patients anything of any value, they know how much they are paying you and they do not want to see what your spending their money on."

That phrase has really stuck with me, I have a $13k daily driver never wear any thing that is really fancy. I don't like to flaunt how fortunate that I have been in life. I lead a very simple life, fairly small house, few hobbies aside from bowling, like yardwork and put money away in the bank. I have even considered, still am to be honest, of selling the car. I love it, and probably won't sell it. But then I get to thinking, i'm only 31, do I really need this car right now?

Yet alone, I work 4 days a week, its been light lately though, getting home early, but then a few other days I am down at the Dental School doing various things down there. The car only see's the light of day on the weekend and even then, its not for a very long time.

Oh well.......

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Let's see the car already!! We want pictures!! Of course we can find them on the internet but we all love the cars. I'll look at picture after picture so let's see it!! If you don't want people to know that you have the car then why is it listed in your signature??

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
detour_racing said:
Let's see the car already!! We want pictures!! Of course we can find them on the internet but we all love the cars. I'll look at picture after picture so let's see it!! If you don't want people to know that you have the car then why is it listed in your signature??
yea really!!..posting pics of Lambos on a Lambo site isn't bragging, it's SHARING!!!! We don't post our pics in the Garage to brag...get real...we post them because we are proud we made the cut to the A team...even sitting on the bench on the A team is still making it to The A Team!!!!!!!! At the end of the day we are all one big community of friends!! This site is NOTHING LIKE OTHER SITES For A Reason!!! Because being part of a Community Means Being A Part Of!!! Why do you think we try to help new guys decide if a Lamborghini is RIGHT for them??? Because we know what it takes to be in this special club!!!

It doesn't really matter to me, but in the long run posting to the garage means you've accepted as us as friends and we can reiterate!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.