Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Good article, thanks for posting.

Shows that as we get experienced, we crash less, until we get older and lose our facilities.

Interestingly enough, this is the same kind of "bathtub" curve used in vehicle/component engineering: the early failures are usually due to manufacturing defects, the later are wear-out.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Geez I consider myself lucky for surviving my teens now! I was once a stupid kid now complaining about similarly stupid kids. But I couldn't do much damage in my Honda civic even if I wanted. Just to myself and a mailbox or two maybe! That's the difference now tho. Kids be driving 700hp supercars like they're Lewis Hamilton.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Good article, thanks for posting.

Shows that as we get experienced, we crash less, until we get older and lose our facilities.

Interestingly enough, this is the same kind of "bathtub" curve used in vehicle/component engineering: the early failures are usually due to manufacturing defects, the later are wear-out.
Hi Vincep99,:wave:
for electronic components, they use MTBF- mean time before failure.
That is why so critical they have a 'burn in' procedure in the factory before the component is first used by the customer to reduce that first failure part of the curve.

On a lighter note, from this study, us drivers over 70yo can say that our accident rates match that of the 25-29 yo group, so ergo, that's how old we now feel!:)

"The fatal crash involvement rate of drivers ages 70-79... was comparable to that of drivers ages 25-29"

Has to be a bonus!:p
cheers,
john

·
Registered
337 Posts
John
Thanks for the comment about MTBF, good to know
I like your perspective about feeling young!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts